This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Emergency childcare/nurse

(11 Posts)

yep many emergency temp nannies who take bookings direct and are self employed so will quote gross rate and usually £10-£15 an hr gross. I am in east midlands and offer ad-hoc emergency temp cover.

EmergencyChildcare Thu 28-Mar-13 13:35:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Icelollycraving Tue 27-Nov-12 22:12:43

Ok,that's very helpful,thank you.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 27-Nov-12 22:11:26

I work on an hourly rate -£12 gross and have a minimum of 4hrs booking

You can find cheaper childcare -often agencies will quote cih but as I'm self employed I won't do that

Plus it's illegal

Icelollycraving Tue 27-Nov-12 20:45:46

Hi. Se28. Without being rude,how much is a temp nanny per day?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 27-Nov-12 20:20:40

Hi. I'm a temp nanny who lives and works in kent

Where exactly are you?

I always tell my regulars and agency's know its worth a phone call to me if they are stuck - sometimes I'm free - sometimes not

Icelollycraving Tue 27-Nov-12 15:23:41

South east London/Kent border.

Welovecouscous Tue 27-Nov-12 15:11:09

Au pair?

FruttiDiMadre Tue 27-Nov-12 15:07:28

Sign up with an agency that provides emergency nannies. They can usually find you someone even last minute (within an hour or so) and their nannies are used to looking after children who are a bit poorly. Where about are you?

OutragedFromLeeds Tue 27-Nov-12 13:46:34

a temp nanny?

Icelollycraving Tue 27-Nov-12 13:45:48

We both work full time & have no support from anyone. We have both taken quite a lot of time when ds has caught every bug going at nursery.
The problem is this is getting to the point we will not be able to sustain any more absence for these days. Is there any service which could provide care for ds when he couldn't go to nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now