Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone going through CM application/registra tion and wants to join me on a support thread?

(11 Posts)
Buffty Tue 04-Dec-12 16:11:33

I'm trying to decide whether to bother. I have to do some market research and complete a business plan but the information I've been given is quite vague. For example, I've no idea how many people I should survey.

How are you getting on Moogdroog?

moogdroog Tue 04-Dec-12 14:00:40

Buffty - I was lucky and my council is only one of two in Wales that pay the whole cost of the cypop. Didn't really need to apply, although I did apply for some funding through a European funded programme for some of the other costs - first aid etc. I need to look into whether I might be able to get a grant for equipment etc.

Buffty Tue 04-Dec-12 09:09:25

Hello, I'm just starting the application process and it would be nice to speak to people also doing this. Have any of you applied for the LA funding?

moogdroog Thu 29-Nov-12 12:29:33

Hi readywhenyouare and icebreezer - how are you finding the cypop5? Are you both in England? I must confess I think I have a slightly easier deal here in Wales - 3 day course and just a multiple choice exam, no assignments. All done pretty quickly. Are you doing it through NCMA?

Hi, I have literally just started the course. I am awaiting confirmation of the Initial first aid training which is set for January.

It would be good to hear or speak to those of you that are going through it or have completed it and are now child minding.

readywhenyouare Wed 28-Nov-12 14:12:09

Hello there. I have nearly finished my CYPOP5 (can't wait until it's over). I am really keen to get started but there just seem so much to do before you get registered. I am slightly dreading my visit from Ofstead! Great to know there is someone else going through the process out there!

moogdroog Tue 27-Nov-12 18:37:19

Ooh cheers pippin - will do!

pippin26 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:07:06

Hi - there are lots of pre-reg through to mega experienced minders over on http://www.ukchildminding.info/index.php

feel free to pop over, register and chat along :D

moogdroog Tue 27-Nov-12 17:44:28

Brilliant! Thanks runoutofideas. Just need to get my head in gear and I'll be back with some questions. How's it going for you? How long did it all take to get up and running?

Runoutofideas Mon 26-Nov-12 17:31:36

I registered in April this year and am happy to answer any queries if I can help...

moogdroog Mon 26-Nov-12 13:55:43

Just wondering if anyone is about to embark on the same and want to chat about the paperwork and all the decisions and processes involved in going through registration.
I've completed and passed my CYPOP5, my first aid and awaiting the results of my food hygiene. I've peeked at the application form, but haven't got my head properly in gear to blast through it yet (just relocated and been through major property renovation, plus 2 little DCs).
Would quite like a sounding board for all the things I need to decide (fees, working hours, marketing....) and am happy to do the same for others. Any takers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now