This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does anybody know...

(10 Posts)
calmlychaotic Tue 27-Nov-12 22:22:03

try childcare.co.uk

JellyNump Mon 26-Nov-12 14:30:43

Sorry, I am not in the Portsmouth area

I would be able to do this for you. I currently don't take on older ones as I am full with under 5's although I have one who arrives after 9am and goes home at 3pm. If you phoned me and asked me for a school run I may say no unless you explained that it was literally drop off and pick up so may be worth bearing in mind. If you are in Portsmouth area I may be able to help.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 26-Nov-12 13:44:38

Childminders do just school runs for older ones, maybe ask the office which childminders pick up there or your local families information service should be able to tell you if any have specified that school.

JellyNump Mon 26-Nov-12 13:37:28

There isn't anyone else that lives near us that goes to the same school as DD, we have recently moved. I have thought about some after school care but am wary that DD does struggle a bit with new people/situations since me and ex H split up when she was very young. I really want as little disruption for her as possible. We live at the same house as my parents (half a house each)

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 26-Nov-12 13:23:54

If you only want someone to take her to school and back to your Mums, you are probably better off asking around at school, I think you will find it hard to find a childminder to do just that and you wont find 'a nanny'. You might find a senior school pupil who would do it?

Sorry to hear about your Mum sad x

If you can afford to pay a childminder for a few hours after school, do you not think this might be better for both your Mum and your DD?

JellyNump Mon 26-Nov-12 13:19:49

Thanks for this info! I don't mind paying for it at all, I don't really need after school care as my mum would be home, just really tired. Who/where did you contact to arrange this?

Saltire Mon 26-Nov-12 13:15:36

I do only before and after school care. I get mindees between 7.45 and 8.00am, take them tos chool, then pick them up again at 3.30 and have till 5.00pm, I also have another mindee that I pick up then and have till 6.30

SoldeInvierno Mon 26-Nov-12 13:13:25

I had a childminder for many years to do just school runs. My husband used to drop DS at her house at 8 am, and then she would walk him to school with her children (5 minute walk). Then she would pick him up after school, take him to her house for about 1/2 hour until I arrived to pick him up. I used to pay 2 hours per day.

JellyNump Mon 26-Nov-12 12:40:18

... If it is possible to employ a nanny/child minder just to do the school runs? I'm a single parent and have been sharing the childcare of DD with my mum, but she is about to start radiotherapy and is not going to be able to do school runs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now