This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Mumsnet versus UK Childminding versus NCMA Local: which one is for you?

(31 Posts)
Italiana Mon 26-Nov-12 07:53:17

Which is the best in your opinion? and why?
Is there a difference between this 3 Fora?
What attracts you to one more than the other?

CmMum Fri 30-Nov-12 16:11:07

Hi, sorry had to change name as hq asked me to.....at the moment the forum is for childminders, with outside agencies helping childminders such as homechildcarer childminding cafe etc.

There's nothing stopping other carers such as nannies etc popping on.

X

Italiana Fri 30-Nov-12 21:06:53

CmMum Thank you for your clarification

Tanith Sat 01-Dec-12 11:37:46

On 29/11 and 30/11, on another thread, you questioned another member's presence on the forum. Your query appeared here shortly afterwards.

Tanith Sat 01-Dec-12 11:46:07

It's my understanding that the blue forum works along the same lines as the pink one, except it isn't owned by an egomaniac owner removing accounts for minor perceived transgressions.

There are lots of closed forums for childminders. Some are on facebook and I believe the Yahoo groups are still going.

Italiana Sat 01-Dec-12 11:47:28

yes I did and found that the other site is open to c/ms as well as others
I communicate with that member on both sites
There was no other hidden agenda behind
My question was to find out which site members found more useful and why as there are 3...I also found your early answers very good

poopnscoop Sun 23-Jun-13 19:40:01

'What childminders haven't got at the moment is any organisation which represents their interests alone, or provides an open forum which is not controlled for commercial gain.'

Just to update you... http://www.icm-se.org.uk/ is a social enterprise SOLELY for childminders... and independent childminders at that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now