This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is this job search viable? - FLEXIBLE MOTHERS HELP WEST HAMPSTEAD

(13 Posts)
milmead Sun 25-Nov-12 00:47:44

i really appreciate ALL your input so please keep it coming and i will let you know how i get on - just need to get myself moving before the first job becomes a reality and I have no help organised!

milmead Sun 25-Nov-12 00:44:07

karol i have seen that class advertised in the clinic and really fancied trying but still at the stage of planning and not doing! DD has reflux so most of the day is taken with feeding but am hoping this will improve (!) and either way have decided that will interrupt her routine for an odd class so that we both get out more!

milmead Sun 25-Nov-12 00:40:38

wow betty what tremendous organisational skills you have - mine are lousy but will learn at the feet of a master i hope. Initially will only do odd days so that i can find the right help and then try and build up. The child care is THE most important part and the domestics are a add on if poss

milmead Sun 25-Nov-12 00:34:51

no ihope i haven't done anything other than post here and am really happy with the positive helpful hints - where did you find the advert cos no idea where to start with local press

milmead Sun 25-Nov-12 00:32:05

nice idea which i hadn't thought of andbingo but unfortunately often work a 12 hour day - hubbie would be around at beginning of the day and could collect her after 6

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Sat 24-Nov-12 19:28:09

If your work is within school hours you may find local SAHMs are interested

I do jobs like this (although more focused on the childcare side of things....but will happily do housework etc!) as when my youngest charge started nursery 2 mornings a week I founf it easier to do flexi stuff then set mornings every week iygwim!

(Have you advertised anywhere...I applied last week for a v similar sounding position, also in Hampstead!)

Karoleann Sat 24-Nov-12 16:04:07

You could try putting a little card in the library - they have a section by the door for ads. Lots of nannies bring their charges to rhyme time and you may get one with a some free time, it'll probably be well read as they often have to queue to get the lift.
Completely off topic, but I did a really lovely class in the community centre with DC3 called baby sensory on a Friday when she was about that age and I'd really recommend it.

Bettyintheburbs Fri 23-Nov-12 19:10:15

Oops, meant to say Google calendar

Bettyintheburbs Fri 23-Nov-12 19:09:40

I have a fixed time for the cleaner and a rotating trio of nannies who work almost but not quite full time for other families and who look for ad hoc additional hours. Often I have work at short notice, so have worked out who is available on what day. If I meet a good au pair in one of the baby activities, I nab her number and find out if she would do extra work during her days off. Everyone shares a Goggle calendar, and I post what I need every Sunday evening. If new stuff comes up, or there's an emergency, then I text. Anal? Yes probably, but it works

fraktion Fri 23-Nov-12 19:01:58

It depends how much you want. If you can do, say, 5 mornings you can explain to clients (am assuming you freelance) that you're only available mornings and then that becomes quite attractive for someone who can dovetail it with an after school job.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Fri 23-Nov-12 00:32:05

Well, I work flexible hours. But I still know when my cleaner comes, because she needs to know her working hours. 3 hours every two weeks, on a Wednesday. SHE choses what time she gets here. All I need to do is put her fee on the dresser in the dining room and the key under our doormat when I leave, IF I leave.

She also babysits, on mutually convenient days, or do extra adhoc cleaning and ironing. This we arrange through texting eachother.

milmead Fri 23-Nov-12 00:19:20

Not sure that I am even thinking straight yet but am I crazy to think I could find help as follows?
Is anyone looking for on/off work looking after our dd aged 3 months and helping out with laundry and cleaning? I am slowly getting back to doing some work but nothing on a regular basis.
What do you experienced jugglers do when you never know your working hours or days?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now