This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Paperwork for Ofsted

(8 Posts)
corkythecat Thu 22-Nov-12 20:35:10

Thanks Runoutofideas I managed to find one online earlier (only 9 questions) and have given a copy to one of my families today will do another tomorrow. Had a really nice chat with the Mum of one of my mindees earlier and she was really positive about everything (and she is the one who has the highest expectations) made me feel much more confident. Now just to finish these LJ off.

Runoutofideas Thu 22-Nov-12 12:49:50

You are right - it felt like she was suggesting homework for 2 yr olds. Also none of my children come from homes where they are short of books or parental input so I didn't feel the parents would take too kindly to being told what they should do with their own child in their own home! If that makes me "good" rather than "outstanding" then so be it!
My questionnaire is quite basic but if you'd like me to send it to you, pm me with your email address and you are very welcome to use it if you like?

corkythecat Thu 22-Nov-12 12:41:06

This is great thanks x
Cant believe they wanted you to send home story sacks, is like homework!
Will get the learning journals all up to date and get together a questionnaire together for the parents. Lots too do!

Runoutofideas Thu 22-Nov-12 12:29:40

Also meant to say, I did the SEF from my local authority rather than the Ofsted one. Mine was much quicker to complete and she was happy with it. You just need to show some evidence of ongoing evaluation.

Runoutofideas Thu 22-Nov-12 12:28:30

I had my inspection last month. She wanted to see LJ of children currently on roll. She wanted to see that policies had been updated to include new EYFS requrements. There was a strong emphasis on partnership with parents so she wanted to see parental satisfaction questionnaires, that info on routine/likes and dislikes had been obtained. I fell down slightly on not having ongoing written info from parents as to their child's developmental stage and achievements at home and for not sending story sacks home with feedback forms hmm. Good luck and hope it goes well.

meant to add that they also have a sample sef form all filled out :-)

HI there - check out www.childmindingpaperwork.co.uk - really good feedback on their website from customers. Their stuff is written by a Childminder who gained outstanding on first inspection.

Hope this helps.

corkythecat Thu 22-Nov-12 10:30:43

I'm expecting my first inspection next week and am trying to pull together all the paperwork I will need to show the inspector. Does anyone have a list of what they like to see so I can make sure I'm not missing anything.

Will they want to see the ob's and LJ info for just the children who will be present?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now