This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

another d & v issue

(6 Posts)
ZuleikaD Thu 22-Nov-12 05:38:15

If it's any consolation, if it was a viral D&V infection then you've probably all got fresh immunity.

calmlychaotic Wed 21-Nov-12 23:19:08

thats what i worried about HSMM it will be 24 hours, just! my own fault for only having 24 hours in policy. i think i'll text her back first thing not saying dont bring her but stressing how i really dont want it going round everyone again, i'll think abut wording later. Am typng letter now increasing to 48 hours. mumsnobest thanks, i like the way you phrased that.
thanks for replies.

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 23:08:01

If your policy is 24 hrs, the child could come back tomorrow. I'm sure after your recent outbreak the parents would all love you to enforce a 48 hr rule.

GrimAndHumourless Wed 21-Nov-12 23:03:16

yes text to say no, refer to policy, rewrite and reissue new 48 hr exclusion policy asap

mumnosbest Wed 21-Nov-12 22:51:56

Text her and say ' sorry i missed your message but as i explained in the original contract , it's 24hrs to protect myself and other dcs.' i'd also send a letter out to all saying after the recent d+v epidemic you've decided to up it to 48hrs inline with nhs guiidelines and other schools/childcare.

calmlychaotic Wed 21-Nov-12 22:43:04

as you might have seen from my previous post most of my mindees, families everyone i know has just had a d & v bug, one of the part time mindees wasnt in at the time and seems to have a differnt bug, similar in that its d&v but different symptoms, she had been off due to it but brought her back in this morning and she threw up when dropping her off here so obviously not over it, she took her home again straight away but i have just noticed a text saying she's much better and she'll see me tomorrow, sent couple of hours ago i havent looked at my phone. My policy is 24 hours after d & v, think i should hav made that 48 but anyway, it feels too late to text now and say dont come, not sure what i should do, iti really justdont want everyone to come down with another one straight after the last one, not sure anything i can do will be 23.5 hours i suppose...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now