This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

EYFS Requirements for Risk Assessment

(5 Posts)
HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 23:05:28

Agreed Italiana. I didn't change much when EYFS came in and apart from a few extra lines in my policies and procedures, I didn't change anything when the EYFS was revised, or when I took on funded children.

Italiana Wed 21-Nov-12 22:37:37

HSMM I think most c/ms have some sort of risk assessment and I hope no one is rushing to add any more paperwork!!!
I have kept mine as it is, I update it as I need and in addition I have added a paragraph to my Health and Safety policy about Risk assessment...

I think that it is more than required and if the inspector does not like it I will argue it suits my practice and keeps my children safe....the message I got from the ofsted workshop is that we should be confident to challenge those targets on the inspector laptop!

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 22:01:46

But it still say 'You must have these in writing unless you are a childminder'.

Personally, I prefer to have everything in document form, so inspectors can read it, instead of asking me loads of questions.

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 21:59:37

Got it. Thanks.

Italiana Wed 21-Nov-12 21:23:17

Ofsted have just published the new requirements for Risk assessment because the EYFS now requires a policy to be in place
(A childcare fact sheet No 120334)

www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-requirements-for-risk-assessments
Hope the blooming link works here because I have just printed my copy !!!!??? (fingers crossed!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now