This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone had their free milk supply put on hold?

(26 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Mon 19-Nov-12 13:36:59

I only cm one under school age child. As I get under 2 pints a milk a week I not receving any for the moment.

Any one in the same situation?

Runoutofideas Wed 21-Nov-12 13:53:09

Can't help with your query I'm afraid. However, I am a fairly new childminder and have never claimed any free milk. I've just had a quick google and it seems there are lots of different companies which offer it. How do i know which to go with? I have 3 under 5's on one day a week, and 2 on 2 other days - how much milk should I be getting? Many thanks for any advice on this.

Booh Wed 21-Nov-12 13:58:05

Are you with Scotts? They are moving from delivering the milk themselves to delivery via a local milk man, to make it more economic / viable.

My milk didn't come yesterday, and I have no local milk man so I guess it will be back to filling in forms and sending it off myself.

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 14:00:47

I'm with Scotts and they are changing to local delivery. They just didn't deliver today.

looneytune Wed 21-Nov-12 14:13:41

Snap, I'm in same area as HSMM and use Scotts and didn't receive my milk this morning then read an emaill sent on 16th which said they were moving to local milkmen and to bear with them for next couple of weeks. In the meantime we can buy our own milk and claim back if we have the receipt

MUM2BLESS Wed 21-Nov-12 14:18:19

Yes I am with them too. I wonder if I can go via another milk company?

lisa1968 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:15:20

same here-didnt get any this week,nor did a cm friend of mine.MUM3BLESS you can use anyone you like-just inform Scotts once you find someone else.

HSMM Sat 24-Nov-12 16:33:24

I'm changing back to NMRU, because being with Scotts isn't saving me any time now and they're unreliable.

I was with Scott's from January until last week. For three weeks milk would not turn up until 13:30 then no milk at all this week no apology just shitty customer service saying email explains it all. They agreed email was rubbish but they were useless. I have told them not to bother me again.

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 17:06:18

I get mine form the milkman & then claim once a year

I use the money to pay for Christmas presents - this thread reminded me to laim this years, thanks

MUM2BLESS Sat 24-Nov-12 18:15:31

Thanks for your comments smile

Is anyone still getting 1 pint from their milk supplier (free) or has it effected everyone?

surfandturf Sun 25-Nov-12 10:02:02

I'm through cool milk and although I haven't had mine stopped they have been delivering less. Called them yesterday and they said they would put it back up confused

MUM2BLESS Mon 26-Nov-12 19:05:34

Nursery Milk has contacted me . Is that another milk company or are they connection?

KatyMac Tue 27-Nov-12 08:25:45

They are the people who pay the subsidy - I deal direct with them

Mindingalongtime Tue 27-Nov-12 13:46:36

I claim mine every three months direct from nursery milk, it means I can buy whichever milk I prefer, currently Cravendale ( the children also love the fresh taste) as we are collecting the constructor straw straws which the after schoolers love. A nice little bonus when credited the next day and it is so easy to do online. 2 minutes!

MUM2BLESS Wed 28-Nov-12 21:31:29

I get the little ones mum to provide it now.

I will have a thing about what I will do. Thanks for your comments

marcy1977 Thu 14-Mar-13 12:59:29

I was a customer of scotts milk for a while but left after the dismal service and the bad customer service from the staff and owners of the business.I left them and joined kidzmilk which was the best thing i could of done .It was like a breath of fresh air as was very quick and easy to sign up with them.The staff are very helpful and give me the correct amount of milk unlike scotts who were giving me twice as much.I don't think that scotts are going to do anymore deliveries as i have heard that they have gone into liquidation.One of my friends also sent me a link that i think any current scotts customers should take a look at.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/thousands-of-nursery-kids-lose-out-in-dairy-firm-s-battle-with-government-1-2685102

I found this a very interesting read.I have also heard that the owners of scotts are opening another company called milk for free.so if you were unhappy with the service from scotts i would stay well clear of them as well.

milkforyou Mon 25-Mar-13 16:18:29

I have been hearing some real horror stories about Scotts and The Nursery Milk Scheme, its a shame how they have performed and I hope it doesn't reflect on the rest of us who are always doing all we can for our customers.

mindingalongtime Mon 25-Mar-13 16:21:16

Email I received on Thursday:

We are writing to inform you that, with immediate effect, the Nursery Milk Reimbursement Unit has suspended claims for Nursery Milk made by Scotts Distribution Ltd until further notice. This also applies to the new company Milk For Free Ltd.
What is the NMRU?
We are the official Nursery Milk Reimbursement Unit and we run the Nursery Milk Scheme on behalf of the Department of Health. We are responsible for reimbursing the cost of the milk provided to children under the scheme. We have nothing to do with milk deliveries.
Nursery Milk Scheme – claiming correctly
As a setting registered with the Nursery Milk Scheme, it is your responsibility to ensure that the amount of milk claimed for is correct even if you have your milk supplied through an agent.
Please remember: the Nursery Milk Scheme entitles registered childcare settings to claim for one free drink of milk (1/3 of a pint of heat-treated cow’s milk) each day for children under five who attend for two or more hours a day. For children under one year old, this is given as infant formula. You can still claim for children who are absent without prior notice (e.g. off sick for less than a week). It is important to note that, for children who stay all day, the scheme only provides one free drink of milk, not one in the morning and another in the afternoon
Visit the Nursery Milk website www.nurserymilk.co.uk for more information about the scheme and to look at the FAQs for additional help. Should you require further assistance please call the helpline on 0844 991 4444
Nursery Milk Reimbursement Unit (NMRU).

badgerhead Mon 25-Mar-13 17:48:56

I have heard that Scotts have gone bankrupt!

mindingalongtime Mon 25-Mar-13 18:05:22

They are in administration, I think it may have been so many childminders reporting them to the NMRU as they insisted on milk per session rather than milk per child, and childminders getting upset about it didn't help, as basically it was fraud.

marcy1977 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:59:30

Hi everyone i have just heard that scotts have opened up another company called thomas francis logistics not sure if they are gonna try and supply free milk but thought i should let you all know.;)

marcy1977 Thu 18-Apr-13 11:51:40

WARNING to all previous customers of Scotts and milk for Free.YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE OVERCLAIMED FOR.and neither will your new supplier.They are now using bully boy tactics to try and force their ex customers to pay for THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE DEFRAUDED THE GOVERNING BODY AND THE TAX PAYER.they are being investigated for fraud in the region of 3 million pounds.And are now trying to get you to pay for their ill gotten gains.DO NOT PAY.SEND ANY THREATENING LETTERS STRAIGHT TO THE NMRU SO THEY CAN PASS THEM ON TO THE INVESTIGATING TEAM.

looneytune Thu 18-Apr-13 12:28:21

Thanks for that. I'm waiting for a letter demanding money and had no intention of paying for it as I know I've not done anything wrong. This has given me confidence is sticking to my guns so thanks smile

5318008 Fri 19-Apr-13 12:48:41

Crikey, what a nightmare

thanks for the information, Marcy

(I never bothered getting the free milk, cba blush)

Hiya Looney <kisses> How YOU doin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now