Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

So who has started doing the Christmas crafts?

(7 Posts)
FrostyTheShosheman Mon 19-Nov-12 13:21:01

My charges are off today as have had sickness all weekend, so this morning we made handprint Christmas trees and started the silver trees ( small branch stuck in a cup with old play dough painted silver then dropped with glue and sprinkled with sequins and silver glitter).
And while they sleep I'm cutting out reindeers [ how productive am I!

Easy when you have two instead of the 6/8/10 I used to have grin

MUM2BLESS Mon 19-Nov-12 13:30:09

Not started as yet. Will do my planning shortly.

I have however got christmas cards ages ago and my kids have already started their christmas shopping, some are wrapped already.

I have also got some christmas pressies for the cm kids.

We started our hand print wreaths today and are making papier mache snowmen tomorrow.

Next week is handprint decorations and presents

Cards the week after and calendars

HolyBrrrrrrBatman Mon 19-Nov-12 19:01:23

I'm making mine wait until 1st December (apart from advent calendars that need to be ready for 1st and maybe the xmas tree, so we can put it up on the 1st) <cruel nanny emoticon>.

FrostyTheShosheman Mon 19-Nov-12 19:10:31

Making Boxes tonight so that the children can decorate them, then just before end of term will make Chocolate Fudge, fill the boxes and the children can give to teachers.

Saltire Wed 21-Nov-12 09:30:00

Started handprint wreath on Monday, however little girl mindee decided that hers wasn't "embelished" enough so has added half a tub of glitter, snowman stickers,angel stickers, present stickers, tinsel and cotton wool, so house looked like a bombsite by the time she'd finished, the 2 boy mindees ones, dare I say it, actually look a lot better with jsut the handprints and the words Merry Christmas

(is it s girl thing, adding as much extra embelishments to a picture- any picture- as possible wink)

wednesdaygirl Wed 21-Nov-12 20:47:27

I have 17 children in a week so tend to do one art activity a week (sometimes it takes 2 days) so started last week had it planned and bought in october grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now