This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nil by mouth for 13 week old

(5 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 23:35:57

Thanks jinx. I hope so too and yes try have been told 8am

Fed at 11 and gonna snooze now for 90mins and feed at 1am ad see hat I can stuff down him and thinking about it - he should feed then 4ish and taxi picks up at 6 so may only be 2hrs for me but obv longer for Mb and fb tho hopefully the motion of car will help

Hospital said he can have cooled boiled water so will try that when wakes for the feed he can't have sad

minderjinx Mon 19-Nov-12 20:48:58

Hi Blondes, it's hard - I had the same with my own son when he was a baby. Worse yet, when we got to the hospital we found they had a dozen babies all waiting to go in for surgery and although we had been told 8am, that actually meant at some point after 8am, as they actually made up the running order on the fly on the day, and had all the poor mites starving for much longer than most of them needed, not to mention travelling before dawn when we could have set off mid morning and still been kept waiting. I do hope your little one will be attended to at the proper time.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 15:58:03

bless you frak, im gonna need it grin

doesnt really like the dummy, tho scbu tried to give him one when born

just hoping for a magical solution apart from tons of tlc and snuggles, plus still have other twin to sort out, but least hes in a fab routine

blondes polishs halo smile

fraktion Mon 19-Nov-12 10:53:31

Cuddles, dummy, sling and sympathy. The first 3 for them and the last for you.

Have the doctors/nurses given any guidance beyond nil by mouth?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 09:53:59

i look after 13 week twins (9 weeks prem) so like 4 week olds during the night to get in to a routine and give parents a break

one has to have an operation tomorrow under general so is nil by mouth from 1.30am tomorrow morning

any advise how to get him from being totally starved and miserable till 8am and his op?

i will give last feed at 1am and will try and stuff as much as I can down him and would normally want feeding 4am and 7am ish

he can have a little boiled water but thats it

gonna be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long night tonight sad

have also put this under childrens health - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now