This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Writing a nanny advert

(4 Posts)
nannynick Sun 18-Nov-12 21:58:20

Yes you can recruit whoever you feel is the best person for the job. You could decide not to select someone based on some criteria that is not based on gender, race, age, religion.
As it is care in a private home, you can employ who you like, you just can't make an advert that discriminates against people... least that's how I understand the equality legislation.
Avoid there being any potential problems by avoiding putting in the advert things that relate to gender, age, race, religion.
See what applicants you get and then decide who to interview and who you and your daughters get on well with.

BabsJansen Sun 18-Nov-12 21:37:19

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I recruit a woman? Not comfortable worn a bloke for pathetic reasons

nannynick Sun 18-Nov-12 21:01:57

Be careful not to specify a lady, as that will breach equality legislation and advertising standards codes.

Have you decided on salary, days of work and hours of work? Include those.
Include a bit about your location - the parish magazine may go to other villages in your area.

Space may be limited on the advert in those situations, so keep it short and clear. You can then give further information when people contact you.
Make it clear if the person needs to be a driver or not and if you do need a driver, do they need to use their car?

BabsJansen Sun 18-Nov-12 20:43:30

Hello experts

I need to write an advert to put in our local parish mags and shop window. I am looking for a mature, responsible lady to do part time after school care for two daughters 3 days a week. Essentially I am looking for the kind of care my mum would give if she were nearer to her grandchildren!

Do any nannies have advice on the kind of info to go into the advert?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now