This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

OFSTED: policy supporting continuity of care?

(27 Posts)
Strix Sun 18-Nov-12 09:58:47

Can Anyone point me to some OFSTED words on their view/approach/policy/etc. to continuity of care?

A you may know from my other thread, my childminder has been unjustly suspended by OFSTED. All of the parents are shocked an appalled at this poor judgement. And we are writing letters in support of of our beloved childminder/friend.

I am making the point that suspending her harms the children by breaking their continutiy of care. And I feel she should be allowed to work whilst they come and investigate, when they will no doubt discover what a truly fabulous childminder she is.

I am so upset with ofsted. I believe they mean well. But they caused havoc and not helped any... certainly not the children!

Anyway, if anyone could point me to some ofsted words on the importance of continuity of care, I would be most grateful. And, sorry to say, this letter must be written today so time is of the essence.

Thank you very much!

Strix Mon 19-Nov-12 17:23:52

You might be right that the problem is the teenage son. Ofsted have not disclosed this detail. So I don't know if that is the problem.

minderjinx Mon 19-Nov-12 20:38:29

I'm afraid she does not need to have done anything personally. If someone involved has suggested that her child represents a risk or an unsuitable influence on any other children, for example that they have or may be violent, use threatening behaviour or bad language, that could be enough to trigger an investigation. The onus would be on your CM to show that she could manage the situation. If the child were 16 or more they would also have their own enhanced CRB checks and that could also lead to incidents being flagged up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now