Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

sitters.co.uk another thread about a thread

(79 Posts)
germyrabbit Sat 17-Nov-12 19:54:38

but was surprised to see they paid £22-27 for three hours for childcare professional babysitting

this is very cheap for qualified, mostly ofsted registered practitioners isn't it?

am a bit fed up to think that's the going rate. not really worth signing up is it

Tanith Sun 25-Nov-12 19:53:22

Someone I know still works for Sitters. She stopped childminding when Birth to 3 (2003/4?) came out and hasn't worked in childcare since.
No-one has bothered to check.

cookielove Sun 25-Nov-12 21:18:46

pink actually a new crb check is being introduce where employees can be checked on more regularly it is essentially going online, i think it is already up and running so anyone applying for a crb check now will go on to the new system and then everyone else will have to re apply for their crb when requested by employers, so the idea is that employers check the crb yearly to keep themselves up to date, does that make sense as my brain doesn't appear to be engaging any more blush

pinkchick1 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:19:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fraktion Mon 26-Nov-12 10:19:42

The DBS is coming in next month but I don't think the constant update part is operational yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now