This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Some help with wording of letter (cm's)

(6 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 16-Nov-12 19:59:05

In my policies and procedures I have a children in other settings policy So far I have not had to deal with this, will do soon.

How would you put this in writing about charging full fee even though they are in another setting? Pre school.

I will be doing the dropping off and picking up.

Thanks in advance.

NickNacks Fri 16-Nov-12 20:41:49

Full fee will be charged during pre-school hours when drop off and collection are required.

I wonder if you're trying to make things too hard for yourself. Are you looking for something different or more complex??

Italiana Fri 16-Nov-12 21:43:58

Three other things to consider
1. You are on stand-by in case of emergencies which require you to pick up from pre-school at short notice
2. you charge full fee as unable to give that space to another child
3. Your fee also guarantees the space for holiday care when the child is with you full time as preschools are closed

Hope it helps

MUM2BLESS Sat 17-Nov-12 22:05:14

NickNaks maybe I am trying too hard. I think I am trying to justify charging full fee.

Thanks Italiana, will put both your comments into my letter.

Much appreciated smile

NickNacks Sat 17-Nov-12 22:08:21

Don't justify too hard as it comes across apologetic and unsure of yourself. Just factually tell then the terms and conditions. This is what I would expect to find in any other service providers policies.

smile

Italiana Sun 18-Nov-12 08:53:43

Make sure your policy of payment in this instance is also covered in your contract as this is binding while a policy is not as it is a guideline of your practice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now