Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

photos

(9 Posts)
ZuleikaD Sun 18-Nov-12 06:50:52

Yes, you need permission from other parents for pictures of their child to be shown in learning journeys. I don't even put pictures of my own children in my mindee LJs.

Akasa Sat 17-Nov-12 15:11:09

Like ChildrenAtHeart, I have a section in my contracts that requires parents to sign to confirm they are willing for images of their child to be shared with parents of other children in my setting when their child is in a "group" shot.

woahthere Sat 17-Nov-12 13:47:25

Hi there I am registered with ICO and have permission of photos for learning journeys etc, but it doesnt say anything about group photos. I sent a photo of a mindee to a parent the other day, it was a lovely one of her child interacting with another...but then afterwards I thought 'oh s***, maybe I shouldnt be sending it if its got somebody elses child in it!'

Italiana Fri 16-Nov-12 13:46:14

Isn't that a kind of protection in itself? whatever it provides it is recommended we are registered and better than being prosecuted for not being registered...what a lot of red tape!!

MrAnchovy Fri 16-Nov-12 13:26:39

Registration with the Information Commissoiner's Office does not provide Data Controllers with any protection (other than protection from being prosecuted for not registering of course).

Italiana Fri 16-Nov-12 10:11:20

As HSMM says ensure you are registered with ICO...this is a must not a voluntary requirement and protects you as Data Controller
Ofsted will look for evidence of progress and photos are very important in learning juornals or whatever c/ms wish to do
It is also something you need to cover in your Child Protection policy: how do you ensure confidentiality if you hold data, how you store it etc

HSMM Thu 15-Nov-12 19:37:38

I have a ticklist for photos for parents with all the different ways I might want to use photos. It includes group pictures of their child in another child's file, amongst other things like use on my website, etc.

It is also covered by my ICO data protection stuff.

ChildrenAtHeart Thu 15-Nov-12 18:10:37

It depends on what your parents have given permission for. I have a photo permission form with a list of how photos might be used for parents to tick or cross out - these include group & individual photos and places like LJ's, setting photo album, press releases etc.

woahthere Thu 15-Nov-12 17:39:25

Ive got all these lovely photos of mindees all together playing, sleeping, holding hands. Ive now got a terrible feeling it might be against confidentiality or something to put them in learning journeys. Is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now