This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Christmas present for childminder

(6 Posts)
ZuleikaD Thu 15-Nov-12 07:03:13

I don't expect anything from my mindee's parents - just a thank you and a card is nice.

HSMM Wed 14-Nov-12 21:50:41

Some parents buy for me, some for DD (age 13) instead (which I like) and some don't buy at all (which is absolutely fine).

A small gesture will show your appreciation, it doesn't have to be expensive at all. Even a note to say thank you for settling in my child and all the things you are pleased with would be a great present and cost practically nothing.

Lala29 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:44:48

Thank you, both. We haven't been with her long, so I don't know her amazingly well yet. But if you both think we only need to get her something and not the family, then that makes life a lot easier!

lisa1968 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:36:18

something for herself,definitely-although I have one mindees parents who buy for DH "cos he has to put up with our kids as well!"
Does she have a hobby or interest that you could get a voucher for-reading,sewing,crafting etc? Or even a certain wine/brand of choccie she treats herself to?
Or even just a Boots voucher for a new lippy!!
I love anything like that,but I'm sure that whatever you get,she will love-it's nice to be appreciated xx

calmlychaotic Wed 14-Nov-12 21:22:54

i have 10 mindees and planning on getting all the parents a little gift, but being 10 of them it will only be something small, im thinking cholcolates or a bottle of wine, pobably give them all the same. so i would worry if i was given something big from one of the parents and couldnt give something similar in return.

Lala29 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:49:11

Stemming from the nanny Xmas present thread. We would like to get out lovely CM a present. However... Do we get something just for her or her and her family (she has 2 children who adore DD). We can't really afford a lot, as money is tight at the moment and we have large families to buy for.
What do we do? This is the 1st year we have used a CM, so don't know the etiquette. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now