This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Christmas present for childminder

(6 Posts)
Lala29 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:49:11

Stemming from the nanny Xmas present thread. We would like to get out lovely CM a present. However... Do we get something just for her or her and her family (she has 2 children who adore DD). We can't really afford a lot, as money is tight at the moment and we have large families to buy for.
What do we do? This is the 1st year we have used a CM, so don't know the etiquette. Thank you!

calmlychaotic Wed 14-Nov-12 21:22:54

i have 10 mindees and planning on getting all the parents a little gift, but being 10 of them it will only be something small, im thinking cholcolates or a bottle of wine, pobably give them all the same. so i would worry if i was given something big from one of the parents and couldnt give something similar in return.

lisa1968 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:36:18

something for herself,definitely-although I have one mindees parents who buy for DH "cos he has to put up with our kids as well!"
Does she have a hobby or interest that you could get a voucher for-reading,sewing,crafting etc? Or even a certain wine/brand of choccie she treats herself to?
Or even just a Boots voucher for a new lippy!!
I love anything like that,but I'm sure that whatever you get,she will love-it's nice to be appreciated xx

Lala29 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:44:48

Thank you, both. We haven't been with her long, so I don't know her amazingly well yet. But if you both think we only need to get her something and not the family, then that makes life a lot easier!

HSMM Wed 14-Nov-12 21:50:41

Some parents buy for me, some for DD (age 13) instead (which I like) and some don't buy at all (which is absolutely fine).

A small gesture will show your appreciation, it doesn't have to be expensive at all. Even a note to say thank you for settling in my child and all the things you are pleased with would be a great present and cost practically nothing.

ZuleikaD Thu 15-Nov-12 07:03:13

I don't expect anything from my mindee's parents - just a thank you and a card is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now