This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

thanks for the winter vomitting bug, just a rant really

(12 Posts)
calmlychaotic Wed 14-Nov-12 20:26:24

so when she dropped off this morning parent said about her dd if she's not happy call me and i'l pick her up. regular mindee rarely any problems. i asked what do you mean and mum in hindsight seemed a little evasive, oh you know if she isnt happy, she has been a little quiet. i asked if she was sick she said no. fist nappy change she's all red and sore, you know like after several very runny nappies.. alarm bells. she then vommited and well i wont go into detail but it required a bath for the next nappy change. phoned mum and she collected her. why .... i mind 10 kids, thats 10 families that could now potentially be sick, makes me furious she clearly knew...

GrimAndHumourless Wed 14-Nov-12 20:28:08

angry

do you know, I would consider getting rid [harsh]

LingDiLong Wed 14-Nov-12 20:28:14

Oh dear...I can understand why you're furious. Poor child, poor you. I hope to God the rest of you aren't infected now...Maybe time to give notice?

GrimAndHumourless Wed 14-Nov-12 20:29:34

snap Ling

MaryPoppinsBag Wed 14-Nov-12 20:29:42

That's rubbish, I'd be very cross.

ReetPetit Wed 14-Nov-12 20:30:45

omg calmly - i would be livid. it's parents like this that make me want to give up!! so selfish angry

is this the same parent you posted about before?

i think i would give notice if she brought her and blatently knew, sounds like she did. this has happened to me with one family a couple of times recently, i am going to give notice on the next occasion, these people only think about getting to work on time (or getting the day to themselves in some cases...) and not a lot else.

you have my sympathies calmly.

calmlychaotic Wed 14-Nov-12 20:31:36

also didnt send a change of clothes.. seriously..

Stoney666 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:56:51

How incredibly selfish. Poor child would have wanted her mum sad

wednesdaygirl Thu 15-Nov-12 12:52:01

I always know when i child is ill when the parents seem to be in a rush and drop and go grin

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 15-Nov-12 13:27:22

When mum picked up did you say anything?

Hope no one else gets it

calmlychaotic Sun 18-Nov-12 23:37:14

Nearly everyone got it, including a little baby and a pregnant lady. My whole family got it, weekend cancelled and my poor ds was very poorly. Not fair is it. I asked her when she picked up and she just said oh i thought she was a bit off colour, wouldn't look me in the eye. She knew, i know she knew, but she isn't going to admit it. I suppose since its going round anyway its better to get it now than over Christmas, i need to think of a positive or I'll be too cross next time i see her!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 09:56:33

thats a very nice approach you are taking op - i wouldnt be that nice and would seriously think about giving notice to this lady

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now