This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Driver Required for School Run - Watford to Bushey

(7 Posts)
anaviva Wed 14-Nov-12 13:23:54

Hi

I'm looking for a driver to do a daily school run from Nascot Wood to Queens School, mornings and afternnoons.

Please email me if you are interested.

NickNacks Wed 14-Nov-12 13:24:37

Contact a taxi company.

MUM2BLESS Wed 14-Nov-12 13:51:54

Not sure if this is the right section to post it on.

anaviva Mon 03-Dec-12 20:58:16

Thanks for the "useful" advice but I thought this might interest a mum doing the same route. Not sure if you are aware of how much a taxi costs to do this on a daily basis. Believe me, it's not cheap!!! I am partially sighted so don't drive as well as being a single mum. I thought that amongst this community I may find some constructive advice. I wasn't prepared for this kind of feedback.

BarbecuedBillygoats Mon 03-Dec-12 21:08:39

Might be worth asking at the school

nannynick Mon 03-Dec-12 21:09:20

The chances of finding another mum on here who is doing the same route is probably quite slim. Maybe better posting on Mumsnet Local.

There may be insurance issues as it is very much like providing a taxi service and taxis are licensed and have difference insurance.

Maybe you could club together with some other parents with children at the same school so that you share the cost of a School Transport Minibus (local coach company). Will depend on the age of the children involved.
A quick google says that Mullanys Coaches already does some routes to Queens, so maybe they could add a route if there is enough interest.

longjane Mon 03-Dec-12 22:30:44

As you are disable ring your local council school travel no and see if can help you might be able to share a taxi with some going the same way at lower price than you can afford.
and post in mumsnet local and net mums local

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now