This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone had a Grannyaupair?

(6 Posts)
PebblePots Thu 15-Nov-12 20:04:16

This is a great idea

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 13-Nov-12 22:37:18

I don't have the link, but if you put Grannyaupair into google the site comes up,

Julesnobrain Tue 13-Nov-12 22:13:49

Oohhhh watching with interest. If someone finds the site, can they provide a link?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 13-Nov-12 19:13:08

There is a Grannyaupair website sorry can't remember the address and there was an article in The Times on Saturday in June.
Looking at the profiles they are late 50s early 60s raised their own families retired and want to travel a bit. They seem to want stay about 6months though guess this is less of a problem as they are likely to settle in faster.
Really wondered if anyone had tried it

Newtothisstuff Tue 13-Nov-12 14:13:15

You can get a granny aupair ?? Damn It.. That's what I need !! If my 25 year old doesn't work out ! I sooo need one.. Where do you find them then ?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 13-Nov-12 13:04:24

I have had regular au pairs in the past they were all great and fitted in really well. However, circumstances have changed DD has had a pretty awful time and really needs a more Granny figure than a big sister. Plus I don't need the same kind of help in the house.
I am up to speed with contracts etc, but what was the experience like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now