This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I am being visited by environmentak health!!

(7 Posts)
FeelingOld Tue 13-Nov-12 14:01:18

Mine also checked the toilet and hand washing facilities that children use after visiting the loo....... i have a 2.99 fridge thermometer off ebay and it was fine, i record the temp every morning on working days.

Goldensunnydays81 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:59:45

Check hand wash and separate towels for drying hands,
Write up a cleaning rota for kitchen with daily, weekly and monthly chores and have somewhere to mark them off to show that you have done.
A little note book to write down any problems that you have had and what you have done to fix it for example the fridge broke down so you got rid of all perishables and called and engineer to fix it!

HSMM Tue 13-Nov-12 13:54:01

You can buy fridge thermometers fairly cheaply and they are good for your own peace of mind too. Def the food thermometer as suggested and make sure you know your cooking/reheating temperatures, even if the children usually eat cold food.

The lady that came to see me was lovely. She was happy for me to chop on different plates and then put them in the dishwasher, rather than have different boards.

CrazyBabies Tue 13-Nov-12 13:45:40

Thanks for that. Silly question, but how do i take the temperature of the fridge. Its a basic Beko one. I t has just a dial, min and max.

poopnscoop Tue 13-Nov-12 13:30:27

Fridge temperature chart showing you check it every day?
Appropriate disinfectant/cleaning equipment
Different cutting boards for different things - eg one for meat/one for veg/one for breads etc.
Temperature probe for food
They will ask you certain things about food packing (is your fridge properly packed?), safety measures/what different temperatures in food mean... when can you/can you not reheat..
Take any plants out of the kitchen

It really depends who you get... some ask loads of questions, some barely none.

CrazyBabies Tue 13-Nov-12 12:44:20

I mean environmental blush

CrazyBabies Tue 13-Nov-12 12:43:30

I am a childminder, and have applied for the free childcare places for 2 3 and 4 year olds. I have had a phone call saying they want to visit. Does any one know what they will look at.
I have cleaned my fridge, and cutlery/ utensils cupboard. What will they be looking for ? The children I care for tend to bring a packed luch which I keep in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now