This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What are you getting your nanny for Christmas?

(14 Posts)
CinnabarRed Mon 12-Nov-12 16:26:48

I'm completely out of inspiration and hoped to steal some of yours!

I outdid myself for her birthday this year (Olympics tickets for the women's football final - she's football mad and from the US and the US women won).

Can't think of anything good now.

PenguinBear Mon 12-Nov-12 23:17:07

That sounds lovely! You sound like a lovely boss, maybe theatre tickets? smile Matilda is fab and on at the moment in London smile

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 13:29:04

Theatre tickets are a lovely idea but I got her those when she was in recovery from a serious illness.

But I do like the idea of getting her something that she can do with her DP. They're both outdoors, action types so perhaps a tandem bungee jump...

(I can't get them football tickets - she's Spurs and he's Arsenal!)

FrostyTheShosheman Tue 13-Nov-12 13:41:02

I got my DS and DDIL a zorbing day they said it was fab

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:10

Zorning - that's exactly the kind of thing I was trying to think of - thanks!

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:22

Zorning? Zorbing...

Shelley33 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:52:46

Zorbing isn't worth it, my OH did it and said it was a waste of time, 30 secs and one roll down the hill that was it! I'd recommend something else like white water rafting, gliding etc or you can do a walk over the roof of the O2 now, which is something a little bit different.

Welovecouscous Tue 13-Nov-12 23:54:11

My friend's dc did the O2 climb - apparently its amazing smile

Welovecouscous Tue 13-Nov-12 23:55:41

My nanny wants to sky dive btw (what is it with these adrenalin seeking nannies ?!)

Anyway, I'm getting her a broach and maybe giving her cash too.

Shelley33 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:58:29

You're asking the wrong nanny welovecouscous, I've done white water rafting, gliding, treetop adventure courses etc, etc..... and I'm am a member of the Rollercoaster club of Great Britain!!

CinnabarRed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:13:59

The O2 climb sounds good, as does gliding. Or tree-top adventures. Lots to think about, thank you.

CinnabarRed Wed 14-Nov-12 17:13:57

Have just booked indoor skydiving for 2. Really hope she (and her DP) enjoy it!

ajandjjmum Wed 14-Nov-12 17:41:38

I'm sure she will.

We did the O2 climb - all of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

ImogensMumJess Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:32

Go Ape tickets, £30 a pop, there's a new track at Cockfosters, end if Piccadilly line if you are London based... It's zip wires and dangling from a harness, jumping on to fly nets madness! That is if she has a head for heights and adrenalin!!

BTW you sound like a great boss!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now