Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

What are you getting your nanny for Christmas?

(14 Posts)
CinnabarRed Mon 12-Nov-12 16:26:48

I'm completely out of inspiration and hoped to steal some of yours!

I outdid myself for her birthday this year (Olympics tickets for the women's football final - she's football mad and from the US and the US women won).

Can't think of anything good now.

PenguinBear Mon 12-Nov-12 23:17:07

That sounds lovely! You sound like a lovely boss, maybe theatre tickets? smile Matilda is fab and on at the moment in London smile

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 13:29:04

Theatre tickets are a lovely idea but I got her those when she was in recovery from a serious illness.

But I do like the idea of getting her something that she can do with her DP. They're both outdoors, action types so perhaps a tandem bungee jump...

(I can't get them football tickets - she's Spurs and he's Arsenal!)

FrostyTheShosheman Tue 13-Nov-12 13:41:02

I got my DS and DDIL a zorbing day they said it was fab

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:10

Zorning - that's exactly the kind of thing I was trying to think of - thanks!

CinnabarRed Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:22

Zorning? Zorbing...

Shelley33 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:52:46

Zorbing isn't worth it, my OH did it and said it was a waste of time, 30 secs and one roll down the hill that was it! I'd recommend something else like white water rafting, gliding etc or you can do a walk over the roof of the O2 now, which is something a little bit different.

Welovecouscous Tue 13-Nov-12 23:54:11

My friend's dc did the O2 climb - apparently its amazing smile

Welovecouscous Tue 13-Nov-12 23:55:41

My nanny wants to sky dive btw (what is it with these adrenalin seeking nannies ?!)

Anyway, I'm getting her a broach and maybe giving her cash too.

Shelley33 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:58:29

You're asking the wrong nanny welovecouscous, I've done white water rafting, gliding, treetop adventure courses etc, etc..... and I'm am a member of the Rollercoaster club of Great Britain!!

CinnabarRed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:13:59

The O2 climb sounds good, as does gliding. Or tree-top adventures. Lots to think about, thank you.

CinnabarRed Wed 14-Nov-12 17:13:57

Have just booked indoor skydiving for 2. Really hope she (and her DP) enjoy it!

ajandjjmum Wed 14-Nov-12 17:41:38

I'm sure she will.

We did the O2 climb - all of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

ImogensMumJess Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:32

Go Ape tickets, £30 a pop, there's a new track at Cockfosters, end if Piccadilly line if you are London based... It's zip wires and dangling from a harness, jumping on to fly nets madness! That is if she has a head for heights and adrenalin!!

BTW you sound like a great boss!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now