Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Need to take DS to walk in dr tomorrow- should I tell mindees parents tonight?

(9 Posts)
wishiwasonholiday Sat 10-Nov-12 20:52:28

I would always ask first but wouldn't cancel an app if my dc were ill. i had a dentist app last week I had totally forgotten about and since I booked it I had a new baby start so felt I had to ask if she minded, baby slept all the way through but I would have felt awful if I hadn't asked. I've had 2 malicious complaints though so maybe I'm extra paranoid!

ReetPetit Sat 10-Nov-12 13:47:24

i think it's common curtersy really to inform the parents moogstera1. as a parent i wouldn't want my well child sitting in a doctors surgery. i know sometimes it can't be helped but i do think it's the decent thing to do to give people the option!

moogstera1 Sat 10-Nov-12 09:15:13

it wouldn't occur to me to inform the parents. if myself / one of my children needs the GP ( very very rare) we just go en masse with whichever little ones are with me on the day. last week I had 3 toddlers at my 34 week scan. They loved it.
Equally though, I have no qualms about taking mindees for routine appointments if their parents can't make it so I suppose there's a lot of give and take on both sides.

ReetPetit Fri 09-Nov-12 22:30:29

did they bring her on time? hope your ds is feeling better smile

Willmouse Thu 08-Nov-12 22:06:33

Thanks!

Just text them.

ReetPetit Thu 08-Nov-12 22:02:13

warn them, them they have the option - if the dad is working from home he may bring her late, on the other hand he may be like my current parents and not bring her late - but that's his choice wink at least you have been fair and warned them so they can make the decision

Willmouse Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:31

Dad may be working from home and may bring her over late.

Not sure if I would want my perfectly healthy dc trawled around a dr surgery.

I always feel guilty about letting people down.

nannyl Thu 08-Nov-12 21:57:07

do you want to take your mindee?

is there a chance mindees parents may bring him to you when you get back?

if so text them.

Willmouse Thu 08-Nov-12 21:54:18

Think DS has croup or a chest infection he can't shake off and I need to take him to the walk in surgery in the morning. It is a first come first served thing between 8 - 10am. I could wait 30 mins, could be over an hour.

In theory I could also take my one year mindee with me.

Would you text parents tonight and say that's what you are going to have to do in the morning?

I would like to point out that I suspect the mindee was the source of the croup in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now