This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminders v nurseries

(3 Posts)
debnat Tue 09-Oct-12 19:11:41

thanks for the advice I have asked at the Nursery she is currently going to and she is a 'total angel' at the nursery not being naughty and being really polite and helpful so I think that she has just outgrown her childminder. I have looked at a couple of nurseries and she seems to like both of them so I think that's the next step

nannynick Sat 06-Oct-12 20:33:47

Look around at both options but I would say trying to keep her in the nursery/pre-school attached to the school is probably a good thing long term as she will then adjust to being at school easier with luck.

I think you need to look into why her behaviour has changed.

debnat Sat 06-Oct-12 20:14:18

My daughter is now 3 and goes to a childminder 3 days a week and a nursery that is attached to her future school 2 days a week. Since she has gone to the nursery her behaviour at the childminder has got worse - getting so bad that the childminder has just given me 4 weeks notice to end our contract to look after her. She cannot go to the nursery full time as they do not do long hours. Do I send her to another childminder on the 3 days or try to get her into another nursery as she is really enjoying her 2 days at the nursery???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now