This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

How much to charge for NYE babysitting?

(29 Posts)
12ylnon Thu 27-Sep-12 10:29:53

Hello, i'm just about to send out an email to my babysitting clients about new years eve and i was thinking that i'd probably charge a flat fee for the evening/night. I usually charge £8 ph (which is pretty standard down here) , but i'm not sure how much would be appropriate to charge as a flat fee.
I was thinking £60- too much? Too little?
How much would you expect to pay? Bearing in mind i'm in the south east.
Thanks!

GW297 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:40

I've done nye babysitting in the past. Definitely charge £100 minimum. If they don't like it good luck to them finding someone else whereas you'll be snapped up by people who are willing to pay you what you're worth for good quality childcare for their children. The are paying for the knowledge that their children are safe and happy with you so they can enjoy their evening. State your rate in the text so everyone knows where they stand.

eastmidlandsnightnanny - I've had similar experiences. Never babysit for anyone who doesn't pay you properly, come home at a reasonable time and in a reasonable state and who doesn't thank and appreciate you!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 29-Sep-12 23:51:33

I babysat one NYE through sitters probably 4 years ago and earned £80 that night. So I agree that £100 minimum would be in order.

londonmackem Sun 30-Sep-12 00:24:17

In London but the suburbs I pay £9 an hour so from 6-12 we paid £60 but no cab home. I wouldn't pay £120 for a sitter personally but I know people who would so don't under sell yourself!

omfgkillmenow Sun 30-Sep-12 00:30:13

Im a cm and do babysitting I charge £7 per hour for up to 3 kids, more is extra. For new years eve last year I offered £10 an hour no takers, but then we are in a village and the local village hall was bring your kids if you want and BYOB, so I guess they all went there. I guess its supply and demand if you can get £20 an hour go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now