Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Chidminder v Nursery

(26 Posts)
GodLovesATrier Wed 26-Sep-12 18:47:19

Am making tracks towards arranging childcare before returning to work in December. Am thinking childminder at the moment but would be interested in peoples thoughts on childminder v nursery debate. I don't want to miss out on an opportunity over something I hadn't considered.
Re childminders: I have visits arranged with 3 childminders. Depending on the experience will I will then more than likely make a decision between them Is 3 enough? I hear a lot of 'you just know who is right' but I'd hate my child to be short changed because I have only visited 3. Obviously if I meet 3 people who are rubbish I'd meet more.....but for comparison I thought 3 would suffice?
Thanks to all for responding - appreciate your experience and advice.

Figgygal Thu 04-Oct-12 22:08:55

I never looked at nursery as an option always wanted a cm and based on a recommendation and fact she lives 5mins away and picks DS up after she does school run she was only 1 we saw. Absolutely bloody love her her dh has only 2 weeks holiday a year out of the Xmas season so only have 2 weeks to cover between myself and self employed dh.

Hated the idea of baby rooms personally but so many other mums I know would never consider cms different strokes for different folks I guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now