This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My lovely au pair is seeking au pair friends in North Herts/Cambridge

(20 Posts)
Fancypantshire Wed 27-Mar-13 21:26:39

Lol I've just seen the date of yr message I'm probably too late!!!

Fancypantshire Wed 27-Mar-13 21:25:51

Hi I also have a lovely Czech au pair in her mid 20's we are in knebworth is that too far. She is desperate to meet people as she is really quite lonely

maples Wed 04-Apr-12 22:39:17

Aha cjn that is another great idea - thank you so much.

cjn27b Wed 04-Apr-12 20:48:04

facebook - search au-pairs in UK, there are various groups.

maples Tue 03-Apr-12 13:32:30

Thank you both for the extra ideas!

I have forwarded the website to her.

English has not yet started no - its because of the Easter break.

Any other ideas or contact details gratefully received!

lilbreeze Tue 03-Apr-12 06:57:41

Has she started her language course yet? I made lots of friends through that when I was au pair in France many years ago. Also does she have any interests which she could join a club / classes for? That way she could make some English friends too which can sometimes be harder than meeting fellow foreigners.

Hi

We publish some ideas at www.universalaupairs.com/au_pair/lonely_au_pairs.html, and also have a free forum your au pair can use.

Good luck.

maples Sun 01-Apr-12 16:00:09

Ooh thank you - very good idea

reshetima Sun 01-Apr-12 15:54:24

Hello, have you tried for your local Mumsnet list? Type your postcode here www.mumsnet.com/local?call=ChooseSite&addmode=1 and you can then post to a more local audience.

Good luck!

maples Sat 31-Mar-12 18:56:57

Last try- any more ideas or contacts anyone?

maples Sat 31-Mar-12 14:41:55

Anyone at all?

maples Sat 31-Mar-12 12:09:53

Bump

maples Sat 31-Mar-12 10:36:30

Thank you v much andagain - have just checked with her and she on one site but not that one - she will check it out smile

Any other ideas or au pairs looking for friends, anyone?

maples Sat 31-Mar-12 08:33:32

Bumping

maples Fri 30-Mar-12 22:48:28

Southeastastra I've just looked at n Herts. Can't seem to see any courses suitable for her. Am I missing something or did you more mean the social side?

maples Fri 30-Mar-12 22:39:01

Thanks both!!

Will ask her about the au pair website. I know she is on one but hasn't found many others near here.

Is north Herts college a language school?

southeastastra Fri 30-Mar-12 21:56:53

try north herts colllege

andagain Fri 30-Mar-12 21:55:38

Hi,
I suggest she goes on aupairinuk website. Our au pair has found lots of friends there within days of arriving to the UK.

maples Fri 30-Mar-12 21:43:29

Bumping!

maples Fri 30-Mar-12 19:11:56

I have a fantastic German au pair who is helping us out in North Herts, near Baldock/Letchworth from this March to September. She is very sociable and looking to meet other au pairs to do days out to London and generally go out with. She is mid 20s and doing a uni course back home. She is going to be doing language school in Cambridge.

Does anyone in North Herts/Cambridge have an au pair who would like another au pair friend? Please post if so and I will PM you my contact details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now