Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

No luck finding a nanny - what am I doing wrong

(31 Posts)
PremierBebe Wed 07-Mar-12 13:10:13

Hello,

I am looking for a nanny to look after my baby daughter who is due in two weeks. I am in my last year at university and will start full-time work in September. I need therefore a nanny that helps me at the beginning when I need to study and when i have my exams in May, as well as somebody who looks after her when I start to work in autumn. I have contacted several nanny agencies (Eden, Little Ones, Nannies Inc etc.) but nobody sends me suitable nannies. What am I doing wrong? I don't want Mary Poppins (I actually hated that movie) nore do I expect 10 years of experience and a Norland qualification. The "most" important thing I am after is that the nanny speaks French (preferably MT) and is comfortable looking after newborn babies.

So what can I do to find somebody?

PremierBebe Thu 08-Mar-12 14:21:54

Yes but def closed job with Eden. They did not listen to my requirements at all!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 08-Mar-12 21:55:46

That's true

MamanGenevieve Sat 22-Dec-12 15:13:08

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nannykatherine Sun 23-Dec-12 18:34:28

It would be great for someone wanting newborn experience ... A good experienced nanny wanting this will jump at it ... I would have because it sounds like a lovely job , but now I am with my newborn twin charges . Try Nest ... Newborn Education Services and Training . They have a maternity practitioner course for nannies and also help place them when qualified . www.newborneducation.co.uk

MamanGenevieve Thu 03-Jan-13 19:02:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MamanGenevieve Thu 03-Jan-13 23:28:00

By the way I received a not saying mumsnet thought i was advertising my agency's services. Sorry if anyone have thought that. Actually I don't have an agency I just want to prevent people not to use little ones because their service is so bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now