This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

So how long did it take you to get your CRB check processed?

(22 Posts)
mrsbigwobblybottom Mon 05-Mar-12 16:35:56

Just wondering what the average is...

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Mon 05-Mar-12 16:37:10

first time it took a few weeks, second time a month and a bit. 'They' had not filled in part of the form correctly, then misplaced my identity.

mrsbigwobblybottom Mon 05-Mar-12 16:43:19

That sounds like a pain in the arse! Okay, so not the 12+ months that my LA advised me it would take then?

mrsbigwobblybottom Mon 05-Mar-12 16:43:32

oops, 12+ weeks that should say!

nannynick Mon 05-Mar-12 16:43:35

Last one I had done (August 2011) took about 3 weeks.

nannynick Mon 05-Mar-12 16:44:49

There can be factors that means it can take a long time... such as many addresses in the past 5 years. If you have only lived at one address in the past 5 years, then I think it will take less than a month.

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Mon 05-Mar-12 16:50:33

no, not too ong at all. But as nanny said it depends on varying factors.

Oh and if you have a holiday booked end March and need your passport either wait or tell them you need it. They are usually good at returning ID promptly.

south345 Mon 05-Mar-12 16:58:09

2 weeks over xmas

mrsbigwobblybottom Mon 05-Mar-12 17:03:48

Oh no! I didn't think i was supposed to send my passport? I got my head teacher friend to authorise mine and DP'd ID - was that wrong? This is for CM application by the way.

Ah, nannynick that could hold things up then as we've each had three addresses in the past five years sad

mrsbigwobblybottom Mon 05-Mar-12 17:04:47

God i hope I wasn't supposed to send our documents in - any one else find all this very confusing? And I'm supposed to be intelligent shock grin

HSMM Mon 05-Mar-12 17:21:10

DH - 6 months (Local Police force decided it should stay in their in tray, despite being chased by DH and Ofsted). Ofsted will chase it after 12 weeks (I think that's right).

GetOutMyPub Mon 05-Mar-12 17:35:54

My latest one - Jan 2012, took exactly one week (including the weekend) the quickest yet! Although I do already have another three that have been issued in the last 2 yrs!!

This time of the year, you shouldn't have to wait too long but I would get it in now before all the Teaching staff start moving around from May onwards

You shouldn't have to send off any ID. The person/agency dealing with the CRB should look at all the ID required and take a copy and hand all your ID straight back.

ragged Mon 05-Mar-12 19:19:03

First time took about 6 months (I am foreign).
Friend (adopted) had to wait 9 months.
So it really depends who you are.
Subsequent much faster.

redglow Mon 05-Mar-12 19:38:56

Four days.

Runoutofideas Mon 05-Mar-12 20:55:18

MrsBWB - no you don't have to send the documents in once they've been verified - I'm pretty sure anyway! Got mine verified by a GP friend yesterday so need to get them in the post tomorrow. When I had one done for school it was back in about 3 weeks.

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Mon 05-Mar-12 22:34:48

sorry, my mistake, it was the school who took ages with ID stuff - and then they hadnt filled in the form properly. I was thinking about something else, just ignore me, been a long day.

Globalunity Wed 10-Jun-15 09:34:47

I feel like I'm living in a third world country. I apply for my crb online for my chauffering job and I've sent the rest of form recorded delivery and checked by the post office, all done on 31/03/2015 today is 10/06/2015 , still not received it, when I check online, still on stage 4, when I called the reply is too many applications.
I bought a new expenssive car to work with, now no job no income to support my familly and my car monthly payments is £580.
Everything is computerise now you would think the checks will be done quicker. Englang surely become a third world country.

Penfold007 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:42:08

Renewed my enhanced DBS recently, it took a couple of weeks.

HeresMyBrightIdea Wed 10-Jun-15 09:48:46

I sent mine off in December. It got sent back to me three days ago. Enhanced DBS, all standard.

Stage 4 took a really long time for me.

ButtonMoon88 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:49:17

My hubby's took 16 weeks because as a student he moved house a lot and they had a lot of checking out to do! Some people in sure it's fairly straight forward, but not for everyone. I had a friend at uni with a very common name, let's say Sarah smith and she had to go to local police station to have her fingerprints taken because there was a criminal of the same name!

jendot2 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:18:32

Mine took 5 months... No issues, no problems. Was held by local police force for 3 of those months!!!!!

Cantkinsale Sat 13-Jun-15 10:17:11

Mine took 17wks. According to the woman on the phone when my new employer enquires as to why it was taking so long, "she obviously has something on her criminal record that she hasn't declared, so it will need further investigation". Well thank you very much Mrs Whoeveryouare, you could easily have cost me my job with a comment like that. I've never had so much as a parking ticket, let alone anything else more serious.

As expected, the CRB came back clean as a whistle.

I did call and complain and the lovely woman I spoke to told me the other woman was well out of order as until the receive the CRB they have no way of telling if there is anything on it. She called my employer to reassure her as well. 8yrs later, I'm still in the same job smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now