This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help! Need Saturday Minder for teen. Ware/Hertford area

(5 Posts)
Frecks Sun 30-Jan-11 23:21:43

Hey all

I'm not sure if a child minder is the right way to go here given that my son is 13 so if anyone has any advice that'd be great!

Basically due to new work commitments I may have to work saturdays soon. So my dilema is weekend childcare. I cant leave my son alone as we live with other people who are not happy for him to be left with them and also I think a full day is too long for a teen to be alone.

I'd be looking for someone who could have my son in their home and who already has their own, or minds young teens so that my son would see this as a more social thing rather than childcare! I'm a bit worried that if there are no other kids around his age then this would seem a drag to him and I'd like for him to still enjoy his saturdays. At least then I wouldn't feel quite so guilty

This would only be for 2-3 saturdays of each month, but could be anything from 4-9 hours. At the moment I just want to inquire if anyone can help and what the costs will be as my work hours havent changed just yet.

If anyone thinks they may be able to help, then i'd love to hear from you!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Mon 31-Jan-11 08:08:23

I am in St Albans - is that too far?

I have a dd (12) and 2 boys (10 and 6)

weekends in our house are spent playing tennis, riding our pony and "chilling out"

Frecks Mon 31-Jan-11 17:32:58

Hi Paula,

Thanks so much for the reply.

St Albans is a little further than I was hoping for but if it meant my son was in a positive family environment then I'd be happy to make the journey!

As I said in my post I'm not at the stage yet where I need to take up the childcare but it could happen at any time now or if I'm unlucky be a few months away.

If you could mail me some details of what you would charge for this that would be great.

wiredmumma Wed 02-Jan-13 15:20:40

We may be able to help Sat in Ware. how do I contact u? I am new to Mumsnet.

NickNacks Wed 02-Jan-13 15:57:28

This request was two years ago so they are probably sorted now.

As a newbie I would advise checking post dates before dragging up old thread as its not good etiquette.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now