This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I am confused. . . . childminder and cv

(6 Posts)
boppetybop Thu 30-Sep-10 11:18:46

Hi all,

I have seen a few ads where parents are asking childminders to forward a cv. I wasn't aware that we needed one.

nannynick Thu 30-Sep-10 11:45:18

Maybe the parents are confused.
Are you sure they are wanting a childminder, or someone to come to their home?

looneytune Thu 30-Sep-10 11:49:41

Never heard of that one in over 5 years of minding hmm. I do have a page on my website with list of courses attended and I do have another page with details of my experience (i.e. age ranges, how many etc). The course certificates are shown (in my handbook) when a parent visits but I'd not put a CV together for a parent. I'm a SERVICE PROVIDER, not a potential employee! Are you sure they were talking about childminders?

boppetybop Thu 30-Sep-10 11:54:42

yes it said on the ad, Childminder needed for 9 month old etc then at the bottom it said if you are interested please email me your cv and I will get in touch, ive seen about 5 ads in the last 2 months like that.

looneytune Thu 30-Sep-10 12:03:40

Well they are choosing the wrong words imo as that definitely sounds more like a nanny sort of ad.

new2cm Thu 30-Sep-10 12:17:55

As looneytune says, we are a service provider, not a potential employee.

Also, I have just finished reading the Who Minds? Magazine and there's a resolution (p24) which mentions the fraudulent use of childminder's name, address and registration number.

Personally, I would be very wary of e-mailing such details to an anonymous person, who could be anyone. It is incredibly easy to set up an e-mail account with false info.

Going off in a tangent here, but I remember uploading a CV back in 2001 to a supposingly secure on-line job search company. Around 2005, that company then sold the database onto another company and before I knew it, I was getting spam from all over South America and Africa. I actually ended up having to change e-mail address and ultimately internet providers.

If you feel really tempted to reply to those ads, I would e-mail a link to your website, with a sentence saying that if they are still interested in your childminding SERVICES, to contact you as per instructions on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now