This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

findababysitter.com - anybody used this? Are they ok?

(4 Posts)
DewinDoeth Wed 14-Jul-10 20:32:41

I've been looking for an occasional babysitter/daytime care for my DS during the day in London, where I visit occasionally. I have rather specific needs (language!) and this website can search by people who can speak certain languages.

What is this website? Is it a good website, safe etc? I can't find out much about it! confused*

*should add, I've never needed to find a babysitter/cm through any formal channels before as I live near my large family. So my confusion could be (is!) down to ignorance.

IlanaK Wed 14-Jul-10 20:44:24

I have used it a number of times. It was recommended to me on here when I was first looking for a part time nanny.

I have had three different nannies from there. All fine. The part time job does not attract people who stick around for long periods though, hence us being on nanny number three. But this one is excellent and because she has another job on the days she is not with me, I think she will stay longer.

DewinDoeth Wed 14-Jul-10 20:49:02

Oh, that's great! Thanks!
My un-registered search has brought up some promising results, and might work out for us - there are plenty of agencies who can get me a nanny, but I'd only need someone every 6 weeks, and that's trickier... But this looks possible. smile

electriceelong Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now