URGENT HELP PLEASE!! am I in labour? I am SERIOUSLY snowed in and need advice

(676 Posts)
stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 09:45:08

Am 40Wks +9, had sweep yesterday, been having period like cramps since about 4am, across the lower part of my belly. Waters haven't gone. Cramps last about 15-30 secs, every 5-15mins.

Is this the onset of labour? I haven't rang midwife yet, as snow is so bad they won't be able to send someone to assess me, if anyone is coming out it will be a one trip job where midwife will have to come to me via our local mountain rescue team and stay till the job is done.

Any advice on what to do now or when to ring midwife etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 05-Jan-10 09:46:12

Ring them asap I would.

Are you alone or is your DH with you?

dizzymac Tue 05-Jan-10 09:46:53

I would phone your midwife team and ask for their advice. they may be happy for someone to be there ready and may need some time to get someone out and you don't want to be caught out.

It does sound as though things are starting. Good luck

ZakuroFujiwara Tue 05-Jan-10 09:47:31

If it was me I'd ring the midwife now and tell them what you've told us - I would prefer to leave the decision-making to them!

Good luck! smile

mountain rescue ? where are you shock

i would ring them now and give them time to prepare and make arrangements to get to you

SmacOnTheLipsUnderTheMistletoe Tue 05-Jan-10 09:47:48

Just ring the mw - they will have to make a plan of action, whatever it takes. And given the weather conditions it may take longer than normal so better to be over cautious than leave it too late.
Good luck

Indith Tue 05-Jan-10 09:48:34

Ring them and let them decide. You don't know how quickly things could kick off and if it is going to take a while for them to get to you it is far better to ring. Better have someone there longer than needed than to not have them there at all.

Ok-sounds like something is starting. I would ring the midwife to keep them updated. After a sweep you can get cramps that are not neceessarily contractions BUT if yours are regular, as they sound it may well be IT.

Have you a neighbour, friend etc so you are not on your own?

either way, for your own peace of mind and to allow the teams to prepare- give them a call and say what is happening.

Hope you are ok-good luck xxx

MrsNarcissist Tue 05-Jan-10 09:48:46

Wow, good luck and although you may be a little busy with your baby later I would love to know what happens!!

agree with everyone else - let them have all the info and advise you
good luck with the labour

Louby3000 Tue 05-Jan-10 09:50:34

I am no MW, but it sounds like labour to me, and exactly the same gestation as I was. Call your hospital now and tell them what you are feeling. They will advise you best.
Who is at home with you?
Take a couple of paracetamol now and eat something hearty if you can- you need your energy! Is your hospital bag packed and ready? Or are you having a home birth?

How exciting!

Kayzr Tue 05-Jan-10 09:50:35

I agree too. Ring the MW

Is it your first baby?

I've had both of mine at home, would definitely call the MW for advice. If it wasn't for the snow I'd say wait and see but I think in these circumstances the MW would rather know sooner than later. If it is your first baby these cramps could last for a while, sounds like the early stages.

Can you sleep? Talk? Move around?

jetgirl Tue 05-Jan-10 09:51:45

Definitely ring, waters might not go for ages but you could still be in full labour. Mine went minutes before DD was born, but was in established labour well before that.

Good Luck!!

RnB Tue 05-Jan-10 09:52:23

Ring!

MerlinsBeard Tue 05-Jan-10 09:52:35

Try not to panic.

Are you there alone? If so, call whoever you need to be with you. If you have other children to arrange childcare for then ring them as well.

Are you having a home birth? Had you PLANNED a home birth i mean?

Lulumama Tue 05-Jan-10 09:53:00

ring them !! is someone with you?

is this your first?

waters often don't go until labour is established, but cramps that do not stop, and get longer and closer together are a good indication of labour

MerlinsBeard Tue 05-Jan-10 09:54:54

With 2 of mine, my waters have gone and they were bonr seconds later. In fact with DS2, they burst literally as he came out

CirrhosisByTheSea Tue 05-Jan-10 10:15:47

sounds like the beginning of my labour (though my pains were worse than period cramps from the off but that's another story) I hope you are off ringing the midwife now? If nothing else it gets you on their 'radar' - they will probably want to keep in touch with you so that they can make the best decision about when to come.

Good luck, do let us know how you get on!

geordieminx Tue 05-Jan-10 10:20:47

oooo sounds like you are on your way to labouringf.

Where are you btw?

moodlum Tue 05-Jan-10 10:23:21

OMG OP - with a mention of a mountain rescue team and an unplanned home birth, this will certainly be the most exciting MN delivery thread ever.

Everyone is right - call now and keep calm.

TigerFeet Tue 05-Jan-10 10:24:23

my labour started like this

it took nearly two days from this point before i delivered dd2

HOWEVER given your circs re snow i would ring the labour ward asap, they must surely have a plan of action for people in your position

good luck

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 05-Jan-10 10:24:43

ooh op hope things are going well, please call them, they will need to plan!

PureAsTheColdDrivenSnow Tue 05-Jan-10 10:25:31

Def sounds like the beginning to me!

Awassailinglookingforanswers Tue 05-Jan-10 10:28:02

oh how exciting - nothing useful to add - but hope it all goes well (and yes mountain rescue etc etc sounds very exciting)

SolidGoldBloodyJanuaryUrgh Tue 05-Jan-10 10:28:52

Given the weather conditions, your dates and the fact you had the sweep, you need to be taken off your mountainside NOW and at least to somewhere with access to medical care if there's no room in the hospital for you.
Good luck. THink what an exciting story you will have to tell your LO as s/he grows up.

JackTheHallsWithBauersOfHolly Tue 05-Jan-10 10:34:04

Hope you are on phone, I echo everyone else in sayin I really would get them to make the decision for you.
If it helps that sounds like the start of my labour which was a few days like that and then after a (fairly roughhmm) exam labour DD was born 4 hours later.

Good luck though!

BertieBotts Tue 05-Jan-10 10:34:11

Was going to say what TigerFeet said - DS' birth started like this (ctx every 5-10 mins but not in any pattern) and then took 48 hours before labour started "properly" (not to say you are not in labour - the ctx are doing something, don't panic!)

I would definitely ring in to ask their advice, but don't panic too much as it does sound like very early labour.

My advice to you is do as much bouncing on a birth ball/walking up and down stairs sideways/squatting to get things moving, and also (I know this sounds the opposite!) try to relax as much as possible - have a bath, sleep if you can (I found I could doze a bit with a TENS machine) and if you are really struggling to sleep a glass of wine might slow things down enough for you to get some rest.

But obviously listen to the midwives and see what they advise first. Good luck I'm sure you have lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

deepdarkwood Tue 05-Jan-10 10:36:57

Definately the most exciting mn labour thread I've seen smile Agree with everyone else - let the mw team know & make their decision - if nothing else, they can make plans/start getting things in order. I had a very slow first stage with dd where I had cramps like that over 2 days (had homebirth planned) & let the mws know from the off - & I didn't even have any exciting weather to contend with!

And good luck! smile

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 10:37:10

Thanks everyone. I am not alone, tho DP is hiking over to sisters at mo with DD so she is occupied with her cousin. He should be back soon.

Pains are irratic, but am just about to ring midwife anyway. I was having a planned home birth. Although this is my second I was induced with DD so have no idea what to look out for, labour wise.

We live in the Peak District, and mountain rescue does sound dramatic, but in reality they're the only guys with 4x4s and snow chains, nothing else can move here, we're at the top of a hill as well. We're also 30mins from either hospital, so I am staying put, I don't want to get snowed out and not be able to get home.

I'll let you know how things progress. Thanks for all your replies!

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 05-Jan-10 10:37:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 05-Jan-10 10:43:17

Good luck, Stellamel! I hope that it all goes really smoothly.

I don't want to put a downer on your home birth and I really hope you get the labour and birth you want BUT given the unfortunate weather circumstances and the fact it takes so long to get to you or for you to get somewhere don't you think it would be a little safer to be at hospital?

Good Luck.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. Where in the Peak District are you? DH is from Chapel en le Frith. We are in Manchester and it is horrendous here.

Bramshott Tue 05-Jan-10 10:48:46

Good luck Stellamel. Staying put sounds like a sensible thing to do - you don't want to be giving birth in a snowdrift!

HinnyPet Tue 05-Jan-10 10:51:15

Good luck Stellamel smile

MamaG Tue 05-Jan-10 10:52:18

God how exciting! Good luck

feedthegoat Tue 05-Jan-10 11:01:34

Best of luck to you!

mama2moo Tue 05-Jan-10 11:57:38

Good luck. I guess if its a planned homebirth you will have midwife kit there already? Might be worth getting dp on the net to research what to do if he needs to deliver?

Another person recommending you phone the labour ward and talk things through. (And thereby marking this thread so I can come back and see how things go).

I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well, stellamel! smile

Wiseoldelf Tue 05-Jan-10 12:05:08

Good luck. Hope everything goes well.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be fine. Very sensible staying put in the warm I dread to think what would happen if you got stuck in the snow in labour!

Hope the MW makes it to you soon. It's certainly better to drag them out for a false alarm than it is to not have one there if you need them.

juneybean Tue 05-Jan-10 12:12:09

Oooo good luck! Hope it all goes smoothly!

pixiestix Tue 05-Jan-10 12:18:27

How exciting! Lots of luck!

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 05-Jan-10 12:21:01

good luck.. nothing more useful to add.. but hope it all goes smoothly

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 12:53:38

Rang, Midwife was in agreement that I should stay put as it would be less risky for them to be collected than me to make a trip. There is a midwife locally who is on call, so I would be only 15 mins from getting her here. Plus the ambulance service have said they would be able to get to us if needs be as they're equipped with snow chains.

I had a check up at the hospital yesterday so know my BP is fine, no protein in urine and bloods were all clear, so am in good position for home birth.

Midwife was pleased with my preparations! smile, but agreed with mumnet that this is early stage and could be hours off getting going properly.

Glad I rang, feel more relaxed now! will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

TeamEdward Tue 05-Jan-10 12:59:37

Oh this is so exciting! Much better than filling in my tax return.
Thinking relaxing, pushing thoughts for you!!

anothercoldbrusselssprout Tue 05-Jan-10 13:06:07

grin at 'midwife agreed with mumsnet'

Very sensible midwife!

Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long....

PS I can recommend internet shopping as a very effective way to relieve the wierd mix of boredom and excitement in early home labour. I have a necklace I bought when in labour with DD2 and makes me smile (and grimace) every time I wear it!

Indith Tue 05-Jan-10 13:16:59

I'm impressed at internet shopping! I got as far as the MN homepage before realising that the contractions were coming far too close together and were getting too painful to be able to type so I had better get dh out of bed!

BedtimeBear Tue 05-Jan-10 13:17:29

Good luck Stellamel keeping things crossed for you

SimpleAsABC Tue 05-Jan-10 13:21:17

You have like 30 odd birthing partners, how does that feel?!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 05-Jan-10 13:29:09

yay , how are things going now? more tightenings?

VinegarTits Tue 05-Jan-10 13:32:52

oooh good luck, hope it all goes smoothly for you, will keep popping in to check

BertieBotts Tue 05-Jan-10 13:33:26

Hope you are back in bed getting some rest wink

latestincarnation Tue 05-Jan-10 13:44:01

Good luck! Hope it all goes well

anothercoldcupoftea Tue 05-Jan-10 13:45:54

Indith - my contractions started at 6 mins apart and stayed like that for a good half a day or more, so gave me about 3 or 4 mins shopping time between each one!

clumsymum Tue 05-Jan-10 13:48:51

Stellamel.

Good luck my love (from an old Peak District exhile).

TidyBush Tue 05-Jan-10 13:49:48

Just lurking around but wanted to say good luck!

Will pop later to check how you're getting on.

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 13:53:52

Getting a bit more frequent and stronger, but still no pattern yet, so doing a bit of cleaning, bouncing on the ball, and stair walking!

ordered my car tax disk online, does that count brusselsprout? grin

treedelivery Tue 05-Jan-10 13:54:15

<<settles down with tea and magazines, waiting for news>>

Oooo how exciting. Fab midwife who agreed with mumsnet.

I'm waiting for my first caller on delivery suite to say 'I started a thread and they all say.....' I'm going to insist on looking after that woman grin

The very very best of luck Stellamel. Hope all goes well with you.

Yorky Tue 05-Jan-10 14:00:34

Its over a year since I had a live birth thread on MN with DD and this is far more interesting! and scenic!
Good thing I had a friend round is is also an MNer

Good luck Stellamel

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 14:08:13

you go Stellamel - same gestation as me last one, and you too are doing the cleaning!

as others have said, your waters don't have to go first...

how long between contractions now?

good luck!!!

>bouncing with excitement on your behalf<

merryberry Tue 05-Jan-10 14:09:37

big LOL at car tax disk online as internet shopping. will you look at them fondly for evermore I wonder

cakeforbrains Tue 05-Jan-10 14:20:54

Good luck Stellamel!!
Will the baby get a snow-inspired name if he/she is born today?

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 14:23:30

news? is your DP back yet?

is the midwife on her way?

i found back massage really helped with cont-X if your Dps hands are warm enough....

and walking really helps to take your mind off it....

>>>>>bouncing<<<

shootfromthehip Tue 05-Jan-10 14:24:58

Ooh I'm all excited for you too- keep us informed and all the very, very best grin

Wigglesworth Tue 05-Jan-10 14:27:06

Ohh good luck Stella, this is exciting. Keep us updated.

MayorNaze Tue 05-Jan-10 14:29:54

what an exciting thread! thinking of you and hoping it all goes well

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 14:55:47

Coming regular and strong now. Midwife is in her hubbys 4x4 and hasn't got her kit or any gas and air! gah, I can do this but not without any pain relief, was relying on G&A, she's going to see if her colleague can drop some at her house and maybe our mountain rescue guys can go and collect it.

Not sure if paracetomol will cut it grin

OrmIrian Tue 05-Jan-10 14:58:35

Good luck stella!

nigglewiggle Tue 05-Jan-10 14:58:48

Easy for me to say, but try not to focus on the lack of pain relief. I had a HB with DD2 and I found the mouthpiece of the G&A too heavy to hold in my mouth and I needed both hands to cling onto DH. I gave up and did without and it was OK - honestly.

Indith Tue 05-Jan-10 15:02:29

Good luck stella!

I gave up on gas and air too with dd, also a HB. The mouthpiece got in the way of shouting grin

You can do it

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 15:02:49

good, you're progressing well!

hoping the MW gets to you soon...

have you tried breathing out as you contract - not sure if it lessens the pain but its something else to think about.

and think that very soon you'll have a lovely baby to cuddle

Might a warm bath help with the contractions, stella? Or back rubs?

I had ds2 and ds3 at home, and despite having needed gas and air, pethidine and a TENS for ds1's birth, I had only gas and air with the others, and then only for a couple of contractions at most.

Good luck - you'll have a great story to tell this dc about his/her arrival in years to come!

TheMollyRogerAndTheIvy Tue 05-Jan-10 15:08:16

oh wow! Just checking in to wish you lots of luck x

SerenityNowAKABleh Tue 05-Jan-10 15:08:40

Ooh, this is the most exciting thread ever! So many questions - is your DP still planning on going trekking to India? Has anyone started boiling water yet? [isn't that what they do in all the movies. Something to do with towels and water?]

All the best and keep MN updated!

CurlyCasper Tue 05-Jan-10 15:16:56

Just want to mark my place and wish you well. All the best!

eastendmummy Tue 05-Jan-10 15:19:01

Good luck Stellamel! Hope you have a great labour and fingers crossed you'll have your little baby here very soon!

Yorky Tue 05-Jan-10 15:21:23

I've not used G&A yet, it made it into the house with DD but only because she had a student mw with her to help carry! Did have tens though, not that that helps you though.
I'm sure you'll be fine, will be watching this space

biggirlsdontcry Tue 05-Jan-10 15:22:16

omg sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for news , good luck stellamel

lowrib Tue 05-Jan-10 15:26:43

stellamel I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.

If I was you I'd be in the phone to the mountain rescue trying to make sure that I get the gas and air. Or to the hospital demanding that they find a way to get it to you. (Do you know anyone with a 4x4 who can assist?) Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but the midwife's suggestion sounds a bit 'hope for the best'. If it was me, I'd want to know that people were trying a bit harder than that.

You may feel that you're not an emergency - but they know how to prioritise their calls. And anyway who wouldn't be proud to come home saying what they did at work today was help a snowed-in pregnant woman give birth!

Don't let them fob you off. If 4x4s can reach you, you're not totally inaccessible!

MmeLindt Tue 05-Jan-10 15:26:48

Good luck. Hope everything goes well.

weegiemum Tue 05-Jan-10 15:28:18

Wishing you all the best xx

TheCrackFox Tue 05-Jan-10 15:29:11

Good luck!

awww a baby! <teary eyed>

I love these threads!!

Good luck!!

PurpleEglu Tue 05-Jan-10 15:33:53

Good luck StellaMel.

chimchar Tue 05-Jan-10 15:38:41

ooooh. how exciting!!!

hope things are going well stella...let us know when we need to push for you!!! wink

KarinG Tue 05-Jan-10 15:40:32

Good luck!
It does sound like the onset of labour, but that said, i had such pains on and off for several days before i eventually went into full labour (and belive me, at that point, the chance are that there will be no mistaking what is happening!).
Let us all know what happens and how it goes - i'm intregued!

FromGirders Tue 05-Jan-10 15:50:22

Good luck!

BertieBotts Tue 05-Jan-10 15:50:30

Ooh good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.

MiniMarmite Tue 05-Jan-10 15:51:09

I'm supposed to be working but too excited now! Good luck, hope you get that pain relief soon.

largeginandtonic Tue 05-Jan-10 16:09:52

Go Stella!

I hope everything goes smoothly and like Lowry said i would want to know the midwife was actively trying to get some G&A.

Will keep checking smile

TheChicOfIt Tue 05-Jan-10 16:10:36

Good luck can't wait to hear about the little bundle! x

MoreSpamThanGlam Tue 05-Jan-10 16:16:40

*Spam settles in for the night with hot tea and biccies, cheering on Stella!

trace2 Tue 05-Jan-10 16:17:57

carnt wait to here!! good luck

VinegarTits Tue 05-Jan-10 16:20:40

Any news Stella? is your DP back now? has MW arrived?

HaveItAllMummy Tue 05-Jan-10 16:24:48

How lovely, a snow baby.

I hope all is going well, Stell.

dustycups Tue 05-Jan-10 16:27:52

good luck!!!!

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 16:56:41

5 mins apart and strong, 60 secs on average. Midwife supposed to be arriving around 5-6pm, with G&A, courtesy of mountain rescue.

Am off for another wander, strong one coming

Indith Tue 05-Jan-10 16:57:38

woohoo!

stellamel Tue 05-Jan-10 16:58:10

DP back, and being lots of help, good man!

nigglewiggle Tue 05-Jan-10 17:00:03

Oooooh progressing nicely. Good luck BTW, but keep typing throughout wink.

Lulumama Tue 05-Jan-10 17:00:50

best of luck, hope all is well and straighforward x

Ponymum Tue 05-Jan-10 17:01:40

stella I am watching with interest. My DH is a Mountain rescue team member but none of his call outs are ever this exciting!grin

TheCrackFox Tue 05-Jan-10 17:01:52

You are doing well and I am glad you are not on your own. Not long now till your MW gets there with lots and lots of lovely G and A. smile

ilovesprouts Tue 05-Jan-10 17:06:07

bump

SolidGoldBloodyJanuaryUrgh Tue 05-Jan-10 17:09:03

Go Stella! Best of luck. Will you call the new baby Snowy?

MrsKitty Tue 05-Jan-10 17:09:19

Hope things are progressing well! It's all very exciting!

FabIsGoingToBeFabIn2010 Tue 05-Jan-10 17:09:33

This is so much fun grin. I hope all is well stellamel.

I am gutted I didn't think to get on MN when I was labouring alone from 2-5am with DS2. Dh was alsleep. He was "tired." hmmgrin

Northernlebkuchen Tue 05-Jan-10 17:18:14

Great thread - lots of luck.

I hope you get the G&A but if you don't then you can do it. You are birthing your child at home in the way that people have done for centuries and whilst a bit of 21st century pain relief would be nice, well are you are strong and you can get through it. Every pain brings your baby closer to you, every pain is one you will NEVER have to feel again. You can make it if you have to. (But I really, really hope you don't!)

WidowWadman Tue 05-Jan-10 17:18:47

Good luck, hope everything goes well

CaptUnderpants Tue 05-Jan-10 17:21:32

Best of luck Stellamel! Keep us posted. We're all rooting for you and Baby Snowflake (that is the name you're going for, isn't it?!)

oftenpurple Tue 05-Jan-10 17:22:35

Wow, so exciting. Hope your MW has now arrived with or without pain relief. Best of luck!

littlerach Tue 05-Jan-10 17:25:21

Good luck smile

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 05-Jan-10 17:25:35

Sounds like things are hotting up... hope midwife is there in her hiking gear smile

rubyslippers Tue 05-Jan-10 17:26:20

wow - best of luck!!!

BigBadMummy Tue 05-Jan-10 17:29:27

oohhh I feel like we are all there in the delivery suite with you.

Do let us know how you get on.

And let us know when we can wet the baby's head.

SoupDragon Tue 05-Jan-10 17:30:20

"Midwife supposed to be arriving around 5-6pm, with G&A, courtesy of mountain rescue"

Wow!

Good luck

shootfromthehip Tue 05-Jan-10 17:30:53

I'm so excited- I hope all is well with you Stella. Good luck xx

treedelivery Tue 05-Jan-10 17:31:56

OoooooHHHHHHHH!!!

Wonder how it's going?

If you are lucky, the midwife will forget to take the gas and air with her when she leaves - I am sure that every mum needs a cannister of it around the place, to take the edge off the terrible twos and teen tantrums! winkgrin

cathcat Tue 05-Jan-10 17:34:27

Good luck, what a lovely thread!

Rindercella Tue 05-Jan-10 17:37:00

Oh my God - this is sooo exciting.

Good luck Stella...will keep checking to see how you're getting on.

bluesheep Tue 05-Jan-10 17:38:12

Good luck, and well done for posting between contractions!!! That takes some effort!!

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 17:38:14

ooh! hope MW is there already!

>bouncing even more, ignoring children who are getting overtired<<

slightlycrumpled Tue 05-Jan-10 17:39:43

Oh my goodness! How exciting!

Good luck Stella.

treedelivery Tue 05-Jan-10 17:44:46

I texted between contractions, last text was 8.12, dd2 arived 8.28. I'm strangely proud of that grin

In hindsite I wished I'd got dh posting from his phone. The weight of a labour thread would have been a comforting thing to have behind me.

<<shakes labour pom-poms>>

bexaa Tue 05-Jan-10 17:53:45

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 18:00:58

it makes me want to it all again!! yayyy!

though don't be disappointed if you're not that dilated yet - sounds like its moving along apace!

>gets ITNG on iplayer to keep babies occupied, hits f5...<

treedelivery Tue 05-Jan-10 18:06:51

I know! Me too EdgarAleNPie.

Good luck Stella! Has the G&A arrived yet? Keep drinking water!

JackiePaper Tue 05-Jan-10 18:12:33

aww good luck, hope your midwife and G&A has arrived. you're doing really well

pofarced Tue 05-Jan-10 18:16:23

I've got a lump p in my throat thinking of the midwife and the mountain rescue team on their way through the night in the snow [up a mountain?] to get to you and your imminent babe. Best of luck. smile

moodlum Tue 05-Jan-10 18:21:48

This is so exciting!!

Only a few days into the new year and we get our best ever delivery thread!!

<lots of unmnetty-over-excited-exclamation-marks-!!!!!! emoticon>

PurpleEglu Tue 05-Jan-10 18:21:56

Hope all is going well for you! smile

latestincarnation Tue 05-Jan-10 18:30:38

Sounds like you are doing really well! Very impressed with you still posting - what a story you'll be able to tell your little one in the future!

Ohforfoxsake Tue 05-Jan-10 18:34:46

Bloody hell!

<settles down for the night>

itsmeolord Tue 05-Jan-10 18:35:03

This is soooo exciting! Much better than any other snow thread I've seen today. grin

Wishing you a happy and relaxed delivery. x

CurlyCasper Tue 05-Jan-10 18:40:15

Really hoping baby comes soon stella. After this experience you'll be well prepared for any situations thrown at you on your LO's birthdays to come. It's mine today and I have many memories of planned parties etc being ruined thanks to inclement weather. But it sounds like you are made of strong stuff and would make damn sure those kiddies beat wind, rain, snow and hail to celebrate with your lucky child! Best of luck to you. my goodness you're going to have a brilliant story to tell!

Louby3000 Tue 05-Jan-10 18:43:11

Had to go to work so have missed heaps, glad to hear you are doing so well!

What a wonderful way to bring your baby into the world! I love the snow.

Good luck, please let us all know when its all over and you are with your lovely little baby.

Sending you speedy labour vibes and super elasticity on your perineum!

Awassailinglookingforanswers Tue 05-Jan-10 18:50:28

oh I hope everything is going well grin

BellaBalloon Tue 05-Jan-10 18:52:47

Am loving this thread too. Please can you ask your MW or DP to post us updates. Imagining you are now fully otherwise engaged and focussed on breathing it out and stuff.

Good luck. Come on Little Snowflake!!! grin

Hulla Tue 05-Jan-10 18:53:10

<F5> <F5>

Good luck Stella

ruddynorah Tue 05-Jan-10 18:53:40

i'm thinking this thread needs a soundtrack..

Hopefully Tue 05-Jan-10 18:53:53

Wonder how many watchers this has now?!

Good luck!

nymphadora Tue 05-Jan-10 19:05:23

ooh exciting! (marking place)

BitOfFun Tue 05-Jan-10 19:06:56

Hurrah for Stellamel...waiting with bated breath grin Good luck.

any news yet? did the mw make it with the gas and air?

VinegarTits Tue 05-Jan-10 19:12:09

A sound track? how about the Rocky theme tune?

Hope all is going smoothly Stella

How about "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!! grin

VinegarTits Tue 05-Jan-10 19:13:52
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 05-Jan-10 19:14:25

Good luck Stellamel.

It all sounds so exciting and romantic although I am sure they are not two words in Stellamel's vocab at the moment grin

If the snow sticks around that means you won't have any visitors disturbing those precious days after the birth smile

weblette Tue 05-Jan-10 19:14:42

Best of luck!

Kayzr Tue 05-Jan-10 19:16:33

I hope everything is going well. So exciting.

Portofino Tue 05-Jan-10 19:17:05

Good luck!

Katz Tue 05-Jan-10 19:17:59

wow a snowy baby - i can see how much snow there is in the peaks from the end of my road now our snow has stopped for a mo!

cheekster Tue 05-Jan-10 19:20:02

What an exciting thread, hope you have a lovely birth and baby stella arrives soon

ruddynorah Tue 05-Jan-10 19:21:40

i have 'raiders of the lost ark' theme in my head blush duh duhduh duuuuuuh, duh duhduh (that's the bit for when the mountain rescue are scaling the mountain to reach the house)..

poguemahone Tue 05-Jan-10 19:23:05

I'm on the edge of my seat here. And not a little teary over the whole idea of a winter wonderland birth, brave men with snow chains, a braver woman, and a lovely little baby at the end of it.

PS Is it too much to hope that this might be excitement enough for DH, and he won't want to go all McGregor/Boorman?

SoleLundyFastnet Tue 05-Jan-10 19:23:55

Hoping it's going really well!
<<very excited>>
I'm imagining steaming hot chocolate all round for afterwards. And hunky mountain rescue types lurking helpfully to boil water etc.

BellaBalloon Tue 05-Jan-10 19:28:15

i have the A team tune in my head
hmm

just checking for news? hope its all going well and G&A got there in time

mumof2point5 Tue 05-Jan-10 19:29:00

thinking of you
best wishes

moodlum Tue 05-Jan-10 19:29:03

Appreciate this won't be top of your things to do post birth, but take a photo of your mountain rescue team to show your lo when they are older. It would make some show and tell story wink

and maybe post the photo on here so we can ogle your mountain rescue team

Will the obligatory St Bernard dog be present at the birth?

I jest, but also send good labour vibes

Lulumama Tue 05-Jan-10 19:30:10

yes, deffo need pics of all invovled in this snowy birth!!

sending lots of dilating/stretchy/pushy vibes to you xxx

Oooh how exciting!

Best of luck Stella. Bet you won't even need the G&A as much less stressful at home smile

EdgarAleNPie Tue 05-Jan-10 19:35:07

i have to go to bed now >bugger pregnancy<

so good luck, and happy baby snuggling vibes...

NorbertDentressangle Tue 05-Jan-10 19:36:41

Exciting thread!

What a birth story to tell the little one when they're older!

FabIsGoingToBeFabIn2010 Tue 05-Jan-10 19:37:55

Come on baby snowflake grin.

mistletoeandjuan Tue 05-Jan-10 19:40:28

Good luck! It's all so exciting. Neve is a nice name for a girl snow baby grin

Does Neve have a snowy meaning, mistletoe? [nice but dim emoticon]

MoreSpamThanGlam Tue 05-Jan-10 19:42:24

What do we reckon? Got to be 7cms by now. COME ON STELLA!!!!!! (Huffpuffhuffpuff!!!)

*Pacing up and down like an expectant errrr...Mumsnetter...

(By the way....I have got the Superman theme playing through my head)

SleighGirl Tue 05-Jan-10 19:44:20

awwww feeling all broody

mistletoeandjuan Tue 05-Jan-10 19:44:54

Yep - it means 'of the snow' apparently. I liked it for DD but she was born in May! wink

mama2moo Tue 05-Jan-10 19:45:04

I wonder how its going. I have been thinking about Stella and the snow whilst out today.

Good luck Stella smile

MoreSpamThanGlam Tue 05-Jan-10 19:46:36

I want to start a thread -
"AIBU to want Stella to post more updates?"

blush Sorry!

Ooh, I love the name Neve.

Hope you're already basking in the glow of your new arrival smile

Quiltingmama Tue 05-Jan-10 19:47:09

no news is good news - it must be hotting up over there!!! Go go go!

Wallace Tue 05-Jan-10 19:47:54

Oooh exciting!

anothercoldcupoftea Tue 05-Jan-10 19:53:03

Gosh how exciting - I step away for a few hours (pesky kids) and looks like you've not only almost got a new baby, but a huge fan club as well grin

No - a car tax disc was not what I meant....

Sending you good labour vibes....

Beasknees Tue 05-Jan-10 19:57:06

go stella,

hope everything goes well and your mw is there.

feeling a bit misty eyed reading this.

herbietea Tue 05-Jan-10 19:58:46

Message withdrawn

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 05-Jan-10 19:58:56

ohh I just popped backon and things have progressed!!

wooohoooo

Am now keeping dh informed who is secretly wanting to know how your doing

sending wonderful vibes your way

No updates since 16.58 - hopefully that means that things are well under way and stella's too busy to post on mumsnet, not that everything has slowed down and she is busy drinking hot chocolate with hunky mountain rescue chaps, and has forgotten about us altogether! grin

BusyMummyof3 Tue 05-Jan-10 20:08:33

Best of luck Stella we are all routing for you!!

PoppyIsApain Tue 05-Jan-10 20:09:45

Good luck Stella and baby Stella, thinking of you smile

MoreSpamThanGlam Tue 05-Jan-10 20:11:39

Is baby Stella here?

I think MoreSpamella is a nice name for a girl wink

skymoo Tue 05-Jan-10 20:12:55

Nettie might be quite apt!

skymoo Tue 05-Jan-10 20:13:17

if it's a girl that is...

Jacksmama Tue 05-Jan-10 20:15:54

Any news?????
<another pom-pom shaking lurker here>

evilgiraffe Tue 05-Jan-10 20:16:36

Ooo, exciting stuff! Good luck!

Hassled Tue 05-Jan-10 20:16:45

Now this is exciting. I have visions of a midwife with clampons (is that the right word?) scaling a mountain with the G&A strapped to her back. And Stella in a log cabin at the top with snow half way up the door.

supersalstrawberry Tue 05-Jan-10 20:16:56

good luck Stella!

GrendelsMum Tue 05-Jan-10 20:18:53

Ooh, congratulations and best of luck StellaMel!

I was going to suggest Nieves as a lovely name for a little girl myself (Spanish for 'snows', pronounced 'nyeh-vess'). What an exciting birth story she's going to have!

<visualises small baby appearing>

RubyRubyLou Tue 05-Jan-10 20:20:53

oh my!

You should be due one big fat hamper from Mumsnet for the attention this is getting. Has to be a first (hint hint!!)

Good luck!

mistletoeandjuan Tue 05-Jan-10 20:21:45

I have a similar vision Hassled (though I think it's crampons wink)

Oh please call her Neve (if it's a girl)

Hope it's all going well

Come one Stellamel I need an update!! smile

chegirlsgotheartburn Tue 05-Jan-10 20:27:08

How exciting!

I have been getting very cold feet about going into labour again (geddit) but this thread has made me feel excited!

Mind you, not much call for mountain rescue in Walthamstow grin

Good luck STELLA!!!

clayre Tue 05-Jan-10 20:28:15

i've been checking this thread since this morning, good luck

sazlocks Tue 05-Jan-10 20:29:30

been lurking for a while - look forward to hearing the outcome smile

skymoo Tue 05-Jan-10 20:36:14

my refresh button has almost worn out!

QandA Tue 05-Jan-10 20:40:19

Lurked on this thread earlier, can't take the excitement of a thread like this!

Good luck stella smile

Sending you pushy vibes. Hope all is going well. smile

SofaQueen Tue 05-Jan-10 20:44:03

Good luck Stella. Hope all goes safely and well.

Muser Tue 05-Jan-10 20:47:13

Oh how exciting! Hope you're cuddling a new baby now.

MistleSnail Tue 05-Jan-10 20:51:47

Finally marking my spot - hope all is well. LOL at crampons...

CantThinkofFunnyName Tue 05-Jan-10 21:14:29

Marking my spot too. I had a baby girl a week ago today and this is making me positively teary with excitement - those darn baby blues!!!

<<Pops off to post link to this thread to my Due Jan 2010 thread buddies>>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 05-Jan-10 21:14:44

Hope all is going well Stella - mw should be there with the g&a, wonder if the mountain rescue team have stayed?

Jojay Tue 05-Jan-10 21:17:52

Marking my place - GOOD LUCK STELLA!!

GracieGirl Tue 05-Jan-10 21:24:28

I hope all is going well. smile

HohohoBumperlicious Tue 05-Jan-10 21:33:47

Good luck! Neve is lovely, please call her Neve (if it's a girl).

What an exciting story, please update!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 05-Jan-10 21:35:55

<waves pompoms> Go Stella Go Stella

hope all is going well

hayton Tue 05-Jan-10 21:38:30

Loads of luck - sending you lots of happy pushing vibes. Such an exciting story you will have to tell her.

Phoenix Tue 05-Jan-10 21:40:07

Have been reading this all day but i need to have an early night tonight so i'm marking my spot for the big announcement

Good luck Stella

dustycups Tue 05-Jan-10 21:41:15

people cant understand why im more excited about stellas baby than the snow outside

decafgirl Tue 05-Jan-10 21:41:30

Oooohh!! I LOVE this thread!! Am sooo excited! <shakes pom-poms>

Can't wait to hear from Stella...may not be able to go to bed...

grin

Mistymoo Tue 05-Jan-10 21:45:48

Have been lurking today too. Hope all is well

JackiePaper Tue 05-Jan-10 21:47:10

this is the most exciting thread on mumsnet for ages!

go stella! go stella!

hope you are sat warm and snug cuddling your new bundle of joy

chimchar Tue 05-Jan-10 21:47:44

oh, for gods sake...i have things to do...can't keep pacing up and down here waiting for a baby arrival!!!!

stella...do me a favour and HURRRYYYY UPPPPPP!!!! grin

hope things are going well for you. x

nigglewiggle Tue 05-Jan-10 21:50:19

I need to go to bed, but there's no way I'm going before I hear of the safe arrival of "Snowy Stella."

aoifesmama Tue 05-Jan-10 21:50:31

have been checking back all day, but going to bed now (haven't tried to stay awake so much since the final episode of Spooks!).

Good Luck Stellamel...will spend my night thinking birthing thoughts! xx

littlelozz Tue 05-Jan-10 21:50:56

Good luck Stella! x

Jacksmama Tue 05-Jan-10 21:51:52

I'm so glad I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, it's only 2 pm here so hopefully I'll be up for the birth announcement!

GO STELLA GO!!!

COME ON BABY STELLA!

MerlinsBeard Tue 05-Jan-10 21:52:35

No news???!!!!

Wiseoldelf Tue 05-Jan-10 21:57:36

Puuuusssshhhhhhh Stella!

MmeLindt Tue 05-Jan-10 22:01:42

<drinks red wine and awaits birth announcement>

Hope you are doing well, Stella.

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 22:01:58

good luck stella, i hope you're holding your baby as i type this.

Go Stella, Go Stella

Good luck xx

MrsJackBauer Tue 05-Jan-10 22:06:08

Anyone got the cigars ready??!! grin

Good luck ...

mama2moo Tue 05-Jan-10 22:07:50

I love live birth threads, hundreds of posts yet only about 4 or 5 are from the OP!!

I am going to have to go to bed soon, I hope all is ok smile

decafgirl Tue 05-Jan-10 22:11:14

Got myself a little glass of wine, there must be a baby by now...anyone done any snowy boy name research?

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 22:15:55

haven't found any boys' snow names, but eirlys means 'snowdrop' apparently, that is also a v nice name.

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 22:24:44

eira and eirwen also mean snow, still not found any boy snow names - albie means white though...

jaquelinehyde Tue 05-Jan-10 22:27:54

This thread is making me soooooo broody!

Hope everything is going well Stella. Do we think it shall be a 05/01 birth or a 06/01 birth then, it's all gone very quiet.

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 22:28:41

himal means cool...

TeamEdward Tue 05-Jan-10 22:28:48

Come on Stella!
<deep breathing emoticon>

Let me mop your virtual brow.
And soundtrack to this birth? Anything by Coldplay surely?!!

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 22:30:12

...or you could go for monty, to evoke the mountain rescue aspect....

Cyrli Tue 05-Jan-10 22:31:33

Still no news? Ok name suggestions to keep us busy will we wait - for a boy Gwyn is white in Welsh.

Good luck!

BitOfFun Tue 05-Jan-10 22:32:28
onadietcokebreak Tue 05-Jan-10 22:34:58

waiting for news.....

MmeLindt Tue 05-Jan-10 22:35:49

Flocon is French for snowflake

Only know that because our dog's brother is called Flocon.

Neige is snow.

Not sure either of those work as babynames though.

TeamEdward Tue 05-Jan-10 22:37:06

Snowy baby names
I have a friend Eirlys, it means Snowdrop in Welsh.

decafgirl Tue 05-Jan-10 22:37:44

Love ie, love it, love it !!! Laptop dying, will check in tomorrow. Good luck Stella!

Puuuusssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!! xxx

TeamEdward Tue 05-Jan-10 22:38:54

Himadri (hih mah dree) means Mountain top of snow in Sanskrit. Quite appropriate?!?

Yorky Tue 05-Jan-10 22:43:43

Hope things are all going well Stella, looking forward to an update when I check in the morning - probably before less important things like DCs breakfast!

Ohhhhhh - I am going to have to go to bed without knowing if the baby's been born. I know for sure that dh will look at me with his 'this woman is headed for insanity' face if I tell him I want to sit up and wait for the baby to be born.

BitOfFun Tue 05-Jan-10 22:44:42

Brilliant name site there, TeamEdward- love so many of them smile

good luck Stella PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 05-Jan-10 22:47:20

hope that gas and air got there! good luck!

Good luck Stella - hope all is going well!

MmeLindt Tue 05-Jan-10 22:48:06

Staying
You need an iPhone in the loo for these MNisAddictiveAndINeedToKnowWhatHappenedNextMoments

MrsBadger Tue 05-Jan-10 22:50:01

Blanche?

Gwyn for a boy / Gwen for a girl (Welsh, meaning white), and hence any of the welsh boys' names ending -wyn or girls' ending -wen

zapostrophe Tue 05-Jan-10 22:50:51

Message withdrawn

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 05-Jan-10 22:51:50

I need to go to bed..... OOOhh stella hope you have your baby soon in your arms.. warm snuggly and safe smile

MrsBadger Tue 05-Jan-10 22:52:28

oh and Finn, Fiona and all their variants (same thing, 'white', but Gaelic)

treedelivery Tue 05-Jan-10 22:57:19

OOOOOoh. I need to go to bed.

I bet 10p Stella has dropped off in front of Friends or something.

Go stella - who needs pain relief? I only thought the G&A mouthpiece was any use for biting on anyway.

Fwiw, I like Eirlys.

moodlum Tue 05-Jan-10 23:01:30

<off topic> - why is Monty a mountain rescue name?

Keep pushing Stella!

TeamEdward Tue 05-Jan-10 23:03:24

Come on Stella! PUSH!

hester Tue 05-Jan-10 23:09:27

Breathe, Stella! Puff puff puff!

Ooh, this is exciting...

weblette Tue 05-Jan-10 23:09:50

*thinks she will be checking the BBC website for mountain rescue chappies turned midwife stories* :D

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 23:13:56

moodlum cos it means mountain innit? like montgomery means gomeric's hill, and montague means pointed hill. i have a montgomery. he was not born on a mountain, but at 9lb 13oz he was roughly the size of one.

stella, hope you are on the tea and toast by now.

EightiesChick Tue 05-Jan-10 23:15:48

Go for it Stella! [marks thread]

Checking in to mark my place... Hope it is all going well, Stella!

MiniMarmite Tue 05-Jan-10 23:19:45

Going to bed now but hope all going well x

Just sat and read through the whole 11 pages.

How exciting!!

Thinking about that baby that was born in a car recently and was named after car Kia I think.

So along those lines I looked up 4x4's.

My first ever link -- fingers crossed.

Not keen on any of them - Landcruiser? hmm

But what about Bob (as in sleigh)? That's a bit wintery.

Completely like Neve for a girl.

StayFrosty Tue 05-Jan-10 23:24:07

lol @ bobsleigh.

jack frost?

solo Tue 05-Jan-10 23:28:44

No news?!

Poppity Tue 05-Jan-10 23:36:44

gah, just read the whole 11 pages convinced there'd be NEWS by the end.

Hope all's going well grin

A vote for Eirlys here, sounds pretty.

Oh, and Hummer, just to keep chaos happy wink

That Hummer is very persuasive poppity!

I just promised my friend earlier that I'd get an early night tonight - not been to sleep before 2am since 21st December (christmas preps, mumsnet, my new Ipod touch - poker app, and an unputdownable book) but i need to find out how Stella's doing.

Hohum - off to bed with my ipod - texas hold 'em amd MN!

Think I have an addictive personality.

glastocat Tue 05-Jan-10 23:55:03

Marking my place, how exciting!

jabberwocky Wed 06-Jan-10 00:03:28

I just found this thread.

Go Stella!

Oooh come one Stella - I need to go to bed very soon and have stayed up late especially grin. Hope you have a beautiful new arrival by now!!

VinegarTits Wed 06-Jan-10 00:19:27

Any news?

Hope baby has arrived safely and you are all snuggled up getting some sleep now

snottymcgrotty Wed 06-Jan-10 00:20:20

???????? well ?????????

Good luck stella hope it all goes well. will be thinking of you.

Enjoy every moment.

Nightnight.

BertieBotts Wed 06-Jan-10 00:28:44

"Winter" is a name. Unisex. (I prefer it on a boy I think) Too poncey?

TanteRose Wed 06-Jan-10 00:56:23

Wow, stella has made it into the Guardian (third article down!) grin

Any news?

jaquelinehyde Wed 06-Jan-10 01:08:08

grin grin grin

That's so funny, Stella made the national news. That's one to cut out and keep for when the baby grows up.

Right off to bed now, I can't wait any longer. Hope you are snoozing, with your tiny new born baby Stella. Oh God I'm so broody blush

Gosh must have been a slow news day at the Guardian grin

RTKangaSANTAMummy Wed 06-Jan-10 01:12:57

Hope everything is going ok

The DEFFO BRILL POWER OF MUMSNET is with you

smilesmilesmilesmile

ZacharyQuack Wed 06-Jan-10 01:13:40

Hope everything is going/has gone well Stella, and you're snuggled up with your wee snowbaby.

TanteRose Wed 06-Jan-10 01:13:58

No, just a snow news day...(boom boom!)

giraffesCanDanceAtHogmanay Wed 06-Jan-10 01:15:54

marking my place for news

Jacksmama Wed 06-Jan-10 01:38:24

Anything???? Come on, I have to leave work!!

SoleLundyFastnet Wed 06-Jan-10 04:01:31

Hoping you're snuggled up with Littlemel by now!
smile

Jacksmama Wed 06-Jan-10 04:56:57

just read the whole thread, it's lovely

hoping for news soon

btw hassled they're called "crampons", not clampons. sort of appropriate for a labour thread grin - geddit, "cramp-ons"?

ok, i've had wine blush

<waves at treedelivery - are you back at work? how's hatts? xx>

whimsy Wed 06-Jan-10 05:33:11

Hope all is going well

LullayMyLiking Wed 06-Jan-10 05:52:32

Just so say my sis had cramps like you described for about 4 hours with her 1st labour. Midwife assessed her, said oh you'll be hours yet. Less than 30 min later she got an urge to push! A few pushes and the baby was born!
Glad you have a midwife not too far away.
At 40+9, this really could be it!
Have a happy birth day. :-)

largeginandtonic Wed 06-Jan-10 05:56:19

lol at Stella in the Guardian smile

A famous baby before it's even out!

Hope you are ok Stella. Lots of luck to you.

FultonMcKay Wed 06-Jan-10 06:27:52

I am hooked. Hope everything is okay

chimchar Wed 06-Jan-10 06:34:15

omg....i was quoted in the guardian as losing patience......can i just say for the record, IT WAS A JOKE!!! <rolls eyes>

hoping all is well with you stella...smile

fwiw, eira (pn ayy-ra) is welsh for snow!

realllly looking forward to seeing your BA. x

SplitPea Wed 06-Jan-10 06:44:34

How exciting! Good luck x

BusyMummyof3 Wed 06-Jan-10 06:45:51

I thought there was bound to be some news by now and then got all excited reading The Guardian article but it doesn't say the outcome.

So keep in there Stella I hope you are OK.

Jacksmama Wed 06-Jan-10 06:46:32

FFS, I need an update!!! It's almost 11 pm in my time zone, I'm tired and I want to go to sleep!! How bloody long can it take from 5 min ctx lasting 60 sec???? Couldn't the midwife have posted time of birth at least????

<taps fingers VERY impatiently>

Jacksmama Wed 06-Jan-10 06:47:51

Erm, totally kidding, BTW - keeping fingers crossed for Stella and Baby Stella.

Hope everything is going well Stella, thought of this thread when I woke up this morning, was sure there would be baby news by now!

Keep going!

TanteRose Wed 06-Jan-10 06:59:57

watch it, jacksmama, the DM will have that quote....!!! grin

hope everythings alright with stella....

nymphadora Wed 06-Jan-10 07:21:04

Lol at jacksmama!

Wiseoldelf Wed 06-Jan-10 07:24:27

This is the first thing I've done this morning, haven't even switched kettle on for coffee.
Hope Stella is in bed with snowy Stella having a well deserved sleep!

Good thing I'm snowed in too, so can keep checking until the news arrives.

sockmonkey Wed 06-Jan-10 07:28:45

been lurking, but had to check this morning if any news. Hope you are ok Stella!

rubyslippers Wed 06-Jan-10 07:30:35

LOL at everyone clicking on this thread first

i hope everything is ok and they are having a babymoon - really hope the MW and the gas and air arrived

TeamEdward Wed 06-Jan-10 07:39:16

First thing I've done too!
I'm not out of bed yet, turned laptop on to check school closures but thought I'd check on Stella's progress first!

latestincarnation Wed 06-Jan-10 07:39:46

I hope you have been have a warm baby snuggly night after everything went well and the MW/Mountain rescue turned up, and not that you haven't posted as you are still on the go! Now put us out our misery obsessive thread checking and tell us how you got on!!

I'm getting broody after this thread...

StillCounting Wed 06-Jan-10 07:45:27

I lurked on here far too late last night ... just checking in to see if any news ...
[broody emoticon]

Hope all well Stella xx

mistletoekisses Wed 06-Jan-10 07:49:15

No news still. Ohhh, things must have happened!

Beasknees Wed 06-Jan-10 07:56:08

me too - hoping baby stella is safe and warm and stella had an amazingly straightforward time.

been thinking of you all night.

MrsJamin Wed 06-Jan-10 07:57:02

I was so hoping this would be updated this morning. Hope everything's ok stellamel!

dustycups Wed 06-Jan-10 07:57:51

oh well kids off school so will be hovering all day awaiting any news

CMOTdibbler Wed 06-Jan-10 07:59:47

Even my DH asked this morning if Stellamel had had the baby.

Hoping all is OK Stellamel

lockets Wed 06-Jan-10 08:04:26

Wiseoldelf Wed 06-Jan-10 08:05:25

My DP thinks I've gone slightly mad

'you're wondering if a woman you've never met has had a baby you will never meet? Doesn't that happen every day?'

I've just kicked him grin

FatGirlThin Wed 06-Jan-10 08:10:47

Hoping you are having a nice post-birth cuppa and piece of toast whilst gazing adoringly at your little snow baby right now Stella! What a lovely thread smile

Hope your are ok Stella and all has gone well take it easy and poke your DH into making an update for us all

MrsKitty Wed 06-Jan-10 08:15:17

I was lurking 'til midnight, checked at 5am and now I'm back - really hope things have gone well Stells...Looking forward to an update soon smile (No pressure, like, realise you're busy and everything wink)

Indith Wed 06-Jan-10 08:18:27

<sticks head round the door>

What? No update?

still no news? Hope your little snowdrop is a dream, Stella

Phoenix Wed 06-Jan-10 08:22:42

First thing i checked when i got up at 6am too. Kept checking between breakfast, putting the washer on and hoovering and now ds2 is asleep on me so i'll be sat here not moving for the next hour or so

Hope all is well Stella x

Rindercella Wed 06-Jan-10 08:25:29

Ahh - no news! Hope all is well Stella.

shockers Wed 06-Jan-10 08:26:38

Just found this... how exciting!

Hope everything went well Stella. X

EdgarAleNPie Wed 06-Jan-10 08:30:05

ooh nothing yet! oh no!!

don't say i have to go work without knowing...

there's bus jack-knifed at the end of my road so i can't go anyway....(not really, my road has 2 ends...)

ajandjjmum Wed 06-Jan-10 08:31:40

Anyone would think Stella had something better to do than keep us informed!!!
grin

ClaireyFairy82 Wed 06-Jan-10 08:35:46

I'm 39+5 weeks and also snowed in so hopefully labour will not start yet. But we've been advised to phone the police if it does happen because they have kitted out 4x4s so that they can get you to the hospital without getting you car stuck.

Good Luck!

Bicnod Wed 06-Jan-10 08:39:42

Ooooooooo - just found this thread... hope all went well Stellamel and that you're all snuggled up and cosy with your gorgeous little baby

ClaireyFairy - fingers crossed you don't make the news as well! Good luck xx

DorotheaPlenticlew Wed 06-Jan-10 08:58:22

<lurks>

lilibet Wed 06-Jan-10 09:00:13

<also lurking>

LynetteScavo Wed 06-Jan-10 09:01:33

This thread is sooo exciting!

StayFrosty Wed 06-Jan-10 09:04:29

<agog>

UnrequitedSkink Wed 06-Jan-10 09:13:04

Just found this thread - can't wait to see your birth announcement!

MmeLindt Wed 06-Jan-10 09:15:27

How are you doing Stella? Don't mind us nosy fishwives peering through the net.

saltyseadog Wed 06-Jan-10 09:16:16

<lurking too>

Clairey - I think I'd quite like being driven to hospital by hunky policemen in a 4x4!

I can see myself wasting spending a lot of today looking for News of Stella here - and I am going to have to phone my mum and tell her we are in the Guardian (that's what she reads, providing someone can get it from the shop for her).

dawntigga Wed 06-Jan-10 09:23:44

lurking with no shamewink

Oooohhhh, let us know when you can obv!

It'sBetterThanTVTiggaxx

jaquelinehyde Wed 06-Jan-10 09:24:35

Oooh Clairey you must start thread if you do go into labour. However, their will be a minimum of 1 update an hour. We don't care who you get to do it for you, we just want to know what is happening.

moodlum Wed 06-Jan-10 09:25:05

LOL wiseoldelf..

<settles in with coffee to await news>

Shall I bring some biscuits for us nosey fishwives? wink

MoreSpamThanGlam Wed 06-Jan-10 09:34:02

Been lurking on and off for a while.

I really hope that a shattered but happy Stella and baby Stella are snuggled up, sleeping and feeding peacefully....sigh....

TigerFeet Wed 06-Jan-10 09:37:43

I wonder if Stellamel's aware of all the fuss grin

Hope you're blissfully snuggled up with your newborn.

A biscuit would be lovely moodlum. I'm rather partial to a hob nob. Any chance it could come with a cup of tea?

moodlum Wed 06-Jan-10 09:41:31

<busies self>

oatcake anyone?

jaquelinehyde Wed 06-Jan-10 09:42:35

Ooooh I will have a chocolate hob nob while I'm waiting.

chegirlsgotheartburn Wed 06-Jan-10 09:44:59

Come on Stella! I never log on at this time of day because once I do thats me buggered for the day. But I HAD to.

Hopeing everything is going well .

TidyBush Wed 06-Jan-10 09:45:24

I've been popping in and out looking for updates but in the meantime I have opened the tin of quality street if anyone wants one <offers tin around>

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 06-Jan-10 09:47:14

How exciting - A Mumsnet Snow Baby
With emergency rescue as well

Anyone for chocolate?

mumof2point5 Wed 06-Jan-10 09:49:17

just made scones for the wait
coffee nearly ready

nigglewiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 09:49:45

Any purple ones left?

Poledra Wed 06-Jan-10 09:52:07

Oohhhhhh [disappointed emoticon] I was sure there would be news this morning (lurked on and off all day yesterday). Hope all went well, Stellamel, and you and the baby are all cosied up in bed together.

De-lurking I'm not going anywhere today as all our activites have been cancelled. I may as well hang around here and sniff a new baby.

EdgarAleNPie Wed 06-Jan-10 09:58:04

>plops mince pies & cream on table<

they haven't gritted so rather than chancing the slalom down the hill i get to stay in with two grizzly babies.

whoop-de-doo.

if there's no update soon, i'm going to be forced to clean the house...

shootfromthehip Wed 06-Jan-10 09:58:10

Ach, I thought I'd open this up to a lovely new babe in arms and there's nothing, no updates, no helicopter rescue, no nothing.

<<wanders off to check the national press who seem to know as much as we do>> grin

Bella32 Wed 06-Jan-10 09:59:20

<takes proffered large round caramel from Quality Street>

<garbled through toffee> 'Ank oo, IdyBush wink

decafgirl Wed 06-Jan-10 10:00:30

Can't believe we made the news...when I say we...obviously we're all in this together Stellamel!

Right, time for a cup of tea and a slice of Christmas cake...this is what snow days are meant for! grin

Bicnod Wed 06-Jan-10 10:05:24

<pinches one of edgar's mince pies>

lurk lurk lurk come on stella grin

mama2moo Wed 06-Jan-10 10:06:48

I hope they are all ok.

I think a new rule should be made - If you start a live birth thread you need to update it at least once an hour!!

Fingers crossed for you all Stellamel smile

SameAsYou Wed 06-Jan-10 10:08:22

so exciting!!!

tatt Wed 06-Jan-10 10:09:23

just found this thread and hope all is well. I suspect you'll get more questions than Nick Clegg and the press will obsess on how you were more interesting than politics smile

Brasso4 Wed 06-Jan-10 10:11:40

I have just found this thread - on my second day of mat leave and housebound due to snow...This could be an all day event methinks....

Anyone for toasted fruitbread breakfast?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 10:11:41

Any news from Stellamel? I truly can't believe that this thread made The Guardian.

I have decided on Blanche if it's a girl.

sockmonkey Wed 06-Jan-10 10:12:32

<pops head in to see if any news... pinches a chocolate>
Stella... please instruct mountain rescue guys to update for you if you are busy wink

TeamEdward Wed 06-Jan-10 10:12:48

<offers round the Terry's All Gold>
I'm afraid I've eaten all the nutty ones.

DH is taking DS's sledging. I'm sticking around here waiting for Stella.

Hope you're having a lovely cwtch with a snuggly warm new baby!!

TeenageWildlife Wed 06-Jan-10 10:14:13

All birthing partners must learn to do Mumsnet updates....

Bicnod Wed 06-Jan-10 10:16:10

Agree with TeenageW - should be mandatory

Ohforfoxsake Wed 06-Jan-10 10:18:04

Stella -

I hope you have a safe delivery and at this very moment having tea and toast and sniffing your newborns head,

but in case you haven't and feeling the pressure of MN willing you on (and the national press taking an interest):

do feel free to make something us to satisfy our fantasies of hunky mountain rescue teams coming to your aid through trecherous conditions, safely delivering your beautiful baby, and possibly naming your child after the most handsome and capable team member.

I thank you.

grin

SolidGoldBloodyJanuaryUrgh Wed 06-Jan-10 10:18:13

I have to go to work now, so will send more good wishes (hope it didn't end up in airlift off mountain and crash c in the ambulance or anything) and pop back later.

HeadlessLadyH Wed 06-Jan-10 10:18:38

<lurking since yesterday>

<snaffles a mince pie and settles down to wait for news>

Hope all well, Stella.

Ohforfoxsake Wed 06-Jan-10 10:18:51

should read to 'make something up'

is possible I was getting a little carried away in my own fantasy there....

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 10:21:03

Flo passes OFFS a pair of new M&S knickers to throw at mountain rescue hunks.

DH just phone from work asking if 'that woman waiting for the mountain rescue to bring a midwife has popped yet?' So he does listen to me when a ramble on nonsensically every evening!

Bella32 Wed 06-Jan-10 10:26:36

Clearly Justine's hubby listens to her too - hence the Guardian piece grin

PurpleEglu Wed 06-Jan-10 10:27:52

Wow made the Guardian, that is so cool. How exciting for Stellamel

Wiseoldelf Wed 06-Jan-10 10:30:35

It's great that this is generating so much excitement!

Nick Clegg would do well to read this and come to MN Towers on a less important day.

I couldn't care less about lib dem policies now....(unless he's got something very wise to say about home births) grin

TheChicOfIt Wed 06-Jan-10 10:32:34

What a lovely story to tell Snow Babe when (s)he grows up! Can't wait to see a picture of the little angel! smile

moodlum Wed 06-Jan-10 10:34:05

I hope everything's alright..

Maybe she's just posted and then forgotten about us?

She can't still be in labour can she? <ignorant c-sectioner>

FimbleHobbs Wed 06-Jan-10 10:37:19

Hope you have had a lovely birth Stellamel and are all snuggled up with new baby.

Can't wait for news!

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 10:40:30

Is this her first? I started having contractions at 4am with my first and didn't give birth until 11.30am the next day, so it is possible that she is still in labour.

I really hope that Stellamel is simply too busy being a new mum to little Blanche!

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 10:42:54

Sorry, just remembered that Stellamel's DD was being taken to her cousin's house, so definitely not her first!

skymoo Wed 06-Jan-10 10:44:14

I came downstairs at 7ish, bleary eyed, to check on Stella's progress and then went back up to bed - DP said "well"? to which I answered - "she hasn't had it yet" - he was asking about the snow!!!

My shortest labour was 20 hours, with ds3 (ds2 took 24 and ds1, nearly 38) so she could still be going, poor thing.

But I hope she is snuggled up with her little snowdrop, trying to talk her dh through how to post on mumsnet.

moodlum Wed 06-Jan-10 10:53:15

<faints at the idea of a 38 hr labour>

<<passes the smelling salts>>

Occasionally I add up how many hours I spent in labour in total - it's nearly 82! grin

And one of the girls from my antenatal classes, whose ds1 was born on the same day as mine, was in labour 48 hours! We both gritted our teeth juuuust a little when introduced to a woman whose dc1 had been born in just under 2 hours!

moodlum Wed 06-Jan-10 10:57:48

dear god. At that rate we could be on this thread until June..

And by then all the hunky mountain rescue chaps will have gone away. sad

Beasknees Wed 06-Jan-10 11:03:48

Dear Mr Stellamel,

What's going on?

A nation of mums is on tenterhooks - hoping praying that all is well and that baby snowflake is healthy and sleeping nicely, that the mw turned up and mountain rescue didn't have to do anything more than bring the gas and air.

Thank you
Beasknees

Macdog Wed 06-Jan-10 11:05:21

Anything????

<hopeful face>

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 11:06:56

Mr Stellamel, my DCs are not dressed yet because I keep having to log on.

Have you no pity, man?

GhoulsAreLoud Wed 06-Jan-10 11:07:54

Perhaps stop pestering now in case things haven't gone smoothly?

LilRedWG Wed 06-Jan-10 11:08:35

Any baby yet?

turkeyandALLthetrimmings Wed 06-Jan-10 11:09:53

hope all is well stella...we are all waiting for news...

xx

Bella32 Wed 06-Jan-10 11:10:08

How about:

'We all wish you and your baby well, Stellamel, but we'll stop bumping the thread now' ?

Bicnod Wed 06-Jan-10 11:14:12

bump bump bump

<pokes tongue out at Bella>

grinwink

Bella32 Wed 06-Jan-10 11:15:20

<pokes tongue out right back>

<realises she has bumped thread>

blush

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Wed 06-Jan-10 11:16:22

Have been lurking.
I survived a 36 hour labour. Twas grim.

Come on stella!

Saw on news that mountain rescue called to home birth in derbyshire. Was it Stellamel?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 11:18:27

Yes, stop being so outrageously thoughtless and insensitive, Bella! grin

Bella32 Wed 06-Jan-10 11:19:14

That's me!

Always being told that!

grin

tummytickler Wed 06-Jan-10 11:19:46

Been lurking, hope all is well. marking my spot!

Florence and Bella - if you two can't behave nicely, you'll be having Time Out on the Naughty Step. <<looks sternly at Florence and Bella>>

hayton Wed 06-Jan-10 11:34:34

Stellamel - you need to start thinking about selling the movie rights - I can see the film now, and of course clips of all the mums and 'mums to be' all over the country sitting snowbound following your story. Thinking of you. xx

Louby3000 Wed 06-Jan-10 11:35:45

back again, still no news...baby snowflake, I like that!
I am sure they are all fine, who could be bothered to MN after birth?

mama2moo Wed 06-Jan-10 11:36:37

Here How cool is that!!

Maybe we could phone Mountain Rescue for an update??

mama2moo Wed 06-Jan-10 11:37:19

Sorry, should have sadi 3rd paragraph down.

saltyseadog Wed 06-Jan-10 11:38:36

That is cool! What a great story to be able to tell your new dc stellamel.

onadietcokebreak Wed 06-Jan-10 11:41:47

Journos love mumsnet to get a story!

dawntigga Wed 06-Jan-10 11:45:13

OK, have just let my son cry whilst catching up - not good I never let him cry he's only 8 months.

Mr Babysnowflakedaddy

Please let us know everything is ok!

OffToSeeToTiggaCubTiggaxx

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 06-Jan-10 11:48:17

We're only playing, SDTG. I promise to be good - anything but the naughty step!

treedelivery Wed 06-Jan-10 11:51:17

Ooooo I hope all is ok <<midwife wrings hands>>

serenity Wed 06-Jan-10 11:53:51

*marks place because it's exciting*

grin

Phoenix Wed 06-Jan-10 11:56:00

shock Still no news??

Hulababy Wed 06-Jan-10 12:02:44

Have just read whole thread, but no news yet?

My neighbour is in Mountain Rescue near the Peaks. Was called out yesterday evening, but have seen him at home this morning though so can't be him.

MumOfAPickle Wed 06-Jan-10 12:11:39

Have also just read whole thread (well work are lucky I made it in so I'm sort of justified....)

Hope all is going/went ok Stella. All v.exciting smile

Laine4kids Wed 06-Jan-10 12:17:44

for pity sake
I know this is selfish but i cant bare it much longer!
my kids are crying to go to school and the dogs are starving cos we ran out of dog food but I can not leave the house till I know what happened to this brave lady and her baby!!!
I've lurked myseflf mad! some one save us!

P.S its very difficult to preform all daily duties with fingers crossed on both hands,we are thinking of you OP!!

treedelivery Wed 06-Jan-10 12:28:13

Well, either she wasn't in labour, but laboured later in the night and is in full swing....or she was in labour all night, hence no posts. In that case it's getting late for no birth announcement and so she might have been transfered in. Hence no posts, no internet in hospital.

C'mon towers! Free mobile online thingiemibobbins phone whatsits to all CAT subscribers. Who is with me?

Hope all goes well Stella smile

Just thinking of you stella hoping everything going well.

I have (yellowing) copies of daily papers from days my DCs were born - but they didn't mention my plight! envy

Very sad about my insignificance.grin

SmacOnTheLipsUnderTheMistletoe Wed 06-Jan-10 12:43:43

Hope all is well Stella

EdgarAleNPie Wed 06-Jan-10 12:43:50

just searched the bbc site to see if they had news...

or maybe, she gave birth and went to sleep, forgetting to update us in the excitement..

>pulls duvet over to sofa for super-warm spodding<

Poohbearsmom Wed 06-Jan-10 12:45:01

Best of luck/congrats stellamel xxx

Lol at you lot axpecting Mumsnet to be her first thought in the hours after giving birth! Nutters!

FromGirders Wed 06-Jan-10 12:52:30

(marks place with footprint in snow)

FatGirlThin Wed 06-Jan-10 12:53:39

LOL Girders smile

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 06-Jan-10 12:55:54

smile hope all is well

of course it should be her first thought Disenchanted.. shock at the suggestion that she should be thinking of anything else!!

BedtimeBear Wed 06-Jan-10 12:59:00

hope everything is ok Stella... really should go do some work now. (May pop back in an hour or so though- no pressure wink)

suwoo Wed 06-Jan-10 13:02:35

Ha Dis, MN was my first thought whilst waiting for my section and after I delivered.

Hope all is well Stella.

NonnoMum Wed 06-Jan-10 13:03:29

Hope when you do get back to MN, you don't feel overwhelmed and the object of scrutiny!
(But we all have our mittened fingers crossed for you!)

Are you suggesting that Mumsnet isn't the most important thing in anyone's life, Disenchanted? shock

pixiestix Wed 06-Jan-10 13:07:03

Do you think Stella is going to freak out when she sees this massive thread and her name in the Guardian?! grin

BooHooMonkey Wed 06-Jan-10 13:12:36

Just marking my place. Still no news? was lurking all day yesterday.I can't afford to lose another day being nosy politely interested

MoreSpamThanGlam Wed 06-Jan-10 13:39:28

Lurky lurk lurk

clumsymum Wed 06-Jan-10 13:58:16

Oh Blimey.

I'm REALLY hoping no news = good news.

I remember when my hip broke, I lay in the corridor in A&E, telling DH he had to log-on to Mumsnet and tell them I wouldn't be going to the meet-up.

Ah, just realised, it's quite likely that the power lines have come down up there you know, so all may be absolutely fine, but no electric for the 'puter.....?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Jan-10 14:14:01

This was Tweeted by realrelic at 13.57

"Please retweet for all worried about #StellaMel on #Mumsnet, Mel had a boy at 1:30 this morning, 9lb 3.5 oz. Mum & baby (Jimi Ray) fine."

Obv can't confirm any details, but thought you'd like us to share

MamaG Wed 06-Jan-10 14:15:12

Thanks Geraldine

Great news!

<winces at the size>

addictedtomn Wed 06-Jan-10 14:17:30

congratulations stella grin

mama2moo Wed 06-Jan-10 14:17:47

Yey!!! Congratulation Mummy and Daddy Stellamel and welcome to the world Jimi x (Lush name)

Woo hoo smile

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 06-Jan-10 14:18:45

Hurrah.

Love the name! Many congratulations Stellamel smile

wannatalk Wed 06-Jan-10 14:18:49

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Batteryhuman Wed 06-Jan-10 14:19:03

At last! i can get on with my life. Congratulations!

latestincarnation Wed 06-Jan-10 14:19:15

Congratulations! grin

SmacOnTheLipsUnderTheMistletoe Wed 06-Jan-10 14:19:25

Great news - we can relax now grin
Congratulations Stellamel!

Hulababy Wed 06-Jan-10 14:19:49

Congrtaultions!

Yippeee! Good work all, lovely name xx

TheCrackFox Wed 06-Jan-10 14:20:42

Well done Stella. I love a happy ending, <sniff>.

nigglewiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 14:21:10

Fab news, I can't wait to hear the full story.

mumof2point5 Wed 06-Jan-10 14:21:45

fantastic!
well done - love the name
take care
x

Poledra Wed 06-Jan-10 14:23:12

Fantastic news! Congratulations to Stella and her family!

Finally - a use for Twitter! wink

Yorky Wed 06-Jan-10 14:23:22

Congratulations!
Lovely news, hope all went well, looking forward to the full story (with pictures of MR teamgrin)

TidyBush Wed 06-Jan-10 14:23:43

Fantastic news! I can go and get showered and dressed now grin.

Lots of unMNetty hugs to mother and baby.

weblette Wed 06-Jan-10 14:25:14

Congratulations

Woohoo! congratulations Stella and family!

ladylush Wed 06-Jan-10 14:27:40

Great news - congrats mummy smile

PurpleEglu Wed 06-Jan-10 14:28:01

Fantastic! grin congratulations to all the Stellamel family

StillCounting Wed 06-Jan-10 14:28:14

Congratulations to Stella and family. That's terrific news!! [sniff]

And now I have no further excuse to log on here every 10 mins ....

shockers Wed 06-Jan-10 14:28:54

Many congratulations to you all grin

CurlyCasper Wed 06-Jan-10 14:29:45

Hurrah for Twitter! And for Stella of course! Let the Guardian have that - well-wishers working across the social networks smile

Picante Wed 06-Jan-10 14:31:43

Yay congratulations! I think she's going to have fun reading this thread!

Indith Wed 06-Jan-10 14:32:31

Congratulations

Beasknees Wed 06-Jan-10 14:34:14

Hoorah, so pleased too hear you are all safe and well. i can get on with pretending to tidy the house now.

Winner of most dramatic entry to the world 2010 Jimi Ray with starring role by Stellamel

[cracks open champagne emoticon]

Great News!

well done stella and crew.

dinkystinky Wed 06-Jan-10 14:35:07

Fab news - congratulations to StellaMel and family.

Bicnod Wed 06-Jan-10 14:35:28

yay gringrin congratulations stella and baby boy

what a fab name... he's clearly going to be a film star with a name like that coupled with the drama of his entry into the world...

FabIsGoingToBeFabIn2010 Wed 06-Jan-10 14:36:10

Fantastic news.

<so broody> grin

Awassailinglookingforanswers Wed 06-Jan-10 14:36:25

yay congratulations

Congratulations
(Raises virtual glass of champagne)

BitOfFun Wed 06-Jan-10 14:38:02

Hurrah! Congratulations Stellamel x x

OrmIrian Wed 06-Jan-10 14:38:19

Many congrats stella! smile

Great news - many congratulations to stellamel, Mrstellamel and little (ish) Jimi! smile

Congratulations Stella and MrStella. Welcome to Jimi Ray. Now I can go and build my snowman.

BigBadMummy Wed 06-Jan-10 14:41:52

Oh I feel all warm and fuzzy...

I might go and crack open the fizz...

serenity Wed 06-Jan-10 14:42:21

Congratulations! smile *pops open champagne slurps celebratory coffee*

Huzzah well done and HUGE congratulations to Stellamel!

decafgirl Wed 06-Jan-10 14:43:30

Yay!!! Great news Stella, hope you enjoy this thread as much as we have!

Congratulations & welcome to the world little Jimi! smilesmilesmile

Ohforfoxsake Wed 06-Jan-10 14:43:35

Bloody brilliant!

Well done Stellamel, and congratulations to you and Mr Stellamel.

stickylittlefingers Wed 06-Jan-10 14:45:03

wonderful news! Congratulations to you all xx

decafgirl Wed 06-Jan-10 14:45:05

Yay!! Congratulations Stella & welcome to the world little Jimi. I hope you enjoy this thread as much as we have! smilesmilesmile

pofarced Wed 06-Jan-10 14:47:29

lovely news. Congratulations to you all Stellamel.

TeamEdward Wed 06-Jan-10 14:48:11

Hooray! Welcome to the world Jimi Ray!!!

grin

<TeamEd wonders if mountain rescue got there before the midwife, and if pics of hunky men in uniform will be forthcoming>>

BooHooMonkey Wed 06-Jan-10 14:48:25

Oh Yay!congrats to Stellamel and little jimi xx

sazlocks Wed 06-Jan-10 14:48:57

Well done Stella and welcome to the world Jimi. smile
My DH breathing a sigh of relief now I can stop wondering what happened and logging on to MN for news!

skymoo Wed 06-Jan-10 14:49:40

Great news! Congratulations