How did you feel the day(s) before giving birth?

(29 Posts)
j20baby Mon 03-Sep-07 17:52:52

anyone felt generally unwell and crappy, achey, ratty, sore bump and mild cramps along with jabbing pains in groin?

yomellamoHelly Mon 03-Sep-07 18:04:46

Felt ace both times. With ds1 I think I cooked a nice meal and then just splurged in front of the telly. With ds2 I was sprawled on the floor sewing a blanket. Generally unwell and crappy etc etc was 2 weeks or so before - going a few days before dss arrived.
Both arrived after a "talking to"!

Chattyhan Mon 03-Sep-07 18:10:55

Just checked my diary from last time (currently 38+1) and i was very tearful 3 days before labour then felt more energetic! grin

foxybrown Mon 03-Sep-07 18:11:18

knackered and depressed to be honest!

decafgirl Mon 03-Sep-07 18:19:28

I had pains on and off from 2.30 on the friday morning but didn't go into labour 'properly' until the sunday afternoon. I was a week overdue so I was pretty knackered and fed up!

xx

Rosa Mon 03-Sep-07 18:20:43

Heavy like I was about to topple over !! But fine in myself...
Take it you are feeling all of the below..Best of luck for the event

j20baby Mon 03-Sep-07 18:34:37

thanks guys.

yes feeling all of the below, was induced with dd and only in labour for 3 hours so don't really know what the begining feels like and really don't want to have go in to hospital yet

flightattendant Mon 03-Sep-07 18:38:23

I went for a trek round town with ds1. I felt heavy and tired for a few days before.

But on the day it was just contractions. They start and you kind of know they are the real thing.

Good luck J20, thinking of you xx

j20baby Mon 03-Sep-07 18:41:47

thanks FA, the thing is, i'm not even 36 wks till wed, but dd starts her new school tomorrow and trying to keep things as normal as possible for her, also if i am in labour, i'm meant to go straight in for AB as i tested positive for strep B, but would rather make sure i am definately before i go in. think i'll see how i go tonight

sleepfinder Mon 03-Sep-07 20:27:06

very ratty

no, I felt great both times. The last few weeks of pg were the ones I actually enjoyed the most. Or at least this is what I remember...

izzybiz Mon 03-Sep-07 20:42:34

I remember feeling really odd with Ds, i couldnt describe it or put my finger on it, i saw the midwife that day (xmas eve) and she said "you will go for ages yet, youll be late with that one"
I went into labour the next day!grin

With Dd i was very poorly and induced so i dont know.

MrsFish Mon 03-Sep-07 20:45:07

I felt great actually, I was 4 days overdue and went for a long walk. I had no inkling whatsoever that I would go into labour that night.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 03-Sep-07 20:47:03

I was induced with ds1 at 38 weeks, taken into hospital at 37 weeks. dd1 came along few years later and i couldnt understand how they could send me home from my ante natal check at 37 weeks! I asked the midwife what i was supposed to do as last time they took me in now!!!! She gave me a strange look, hearty laugh and said you're fine just go home and wait for it to happen!! I just expected to go the same as the first time and it didnt. 4 dc later and i can honestly say i didnt feel any different before going into labour. hang in there grin

flightattendant Mon 03-Sep-07 21:19:12

J20 I did have similar feelings to yours at that point, ie about 36 weeks...it came and went for the next few weeks, I kept thinking 'this is it' but it was really baby settling and turning and all sorts - he was OP one week and ROA the next, etc. It did coincide with the pains.

So don't panic yet. The pain was more achey and constant then sporadic and definite...once true labour started (about 3.5 hours, so not a long one either) it was clear - the pains were very separate and they came, went, came again...noticeable and increasing in 'volume'.
(the first one I thought might be wind but the regularity of the next few was a giveaway).

I've heard that induced labours often involve contractions 'on top of each other' but natural labour is rarely like that so you'd be likely to get a series of Ctx rather than one long one iyswim.

Good luck with school too...Ds1 starts next Monday. Argh! smile

j20baby Tue 04-Sep-07 05:33:49

thanks guys-feel better today, don't know what was wrong with me, feel a bit on a high actually

weird hormones!

WestCountryLass Wed 05-Sep-07 12:14:11

With DS1, I felt fine, was havign lots of BH but put it down to stil being at work and stressed etc as renovating house, went into labour at work the following day.

With DD, did not have a clue, was a week early but if you had asked me i'd have said she was going to be late. Went to the Dentist that morning and went to bed for a few hours in the afternoon, went in to labour in the early hours.

With DS2, I felt sure he would arrive fairly soon. Very low bump, very painful when going up and down stairs, loads of BH. Told DH to come home early from night out and had baby a few hours later

incanada Thu 06-Sep-07 03:08:01

With ds I was very tired the last few days and ankles feet were very swollen. I just focused on finishig work and starting maternity leave as I was working right up to the end. Finished up at work Friday, went into labour Saturday & ds born on Sunday - on my due-date no less!

I sympathise with you, though! Those last few days were tiring with lots of aches and pains.

slim22 Thu 06-Sep-07 05:09:11

yes jabbing groin pains - but had SPD for weeks so was used to it.
Otherwise felt really great. Lovely sunday with friends. Had a glass of red wine with dinner then waters broke...

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 06-Sep-07 10:49:19

Couldn't breathe if I sat or lay down. Spent last few days pacing the floor ....

glad your're feeling better j20baby

jumpyjan Thu 06-Sep-07 10:52:48

I had lots of period pain, couldn't sleep, went to the loo lots, was very excited and ate lots of pancakes, bacon and maple syrup!

superdenki Thu 06-Sep-07 11:48:48

I developed PUPPP at 38 weeks and it was unbearably itchy. I couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time so by the time I had my son at 41+ I was climbing the walls! Other than that though I felt awesome, I swam every day until the rash appeared.
(hi everyone by the way, this is my first post!) x

allybubbles Thu 06-Sep-07 11:54:33

39 weeks, and feeling on a rollcoaster. Had period like pains from 36 weeks (apparently the baby getting into position). Feel reassured that its not just me getting a bit emotional towards the end.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 06-Sep-07 18:54:43

I feel like crap now and I am 28 weeks on Saturday!

But stressful pg after a stillbirth at 25 wks two years ago, hyperemesis for 20 weeks, then spd and lots physio and now piles, anaemia and heartburn.

Working full time with a 3 year old and renovating house. On way home from work today felt v tearful and was rushing and had some BH and was so tired

Cant wait for it to be over!

blissieblue Thu 06-Sep-07 21:04:53

tired, heavy and uncomfortable, like DS2 was about to drop out of me at any moment, (he was 10 days overdue) but otherwise very fit, healthy and ready for it!

sophus Thu 06-Sep-07 22:03:10

feel like crap, am 2 days overdue, and hurt all over and constantly paranoid that something will go wrong, it's one of the most worrying times of my life.

grouchyoscar Fri 07-Sep-07 15:48:16

I felt great, pregnancy agreed with me. I was hoping like mad they would stick to my birth plan and not induce me but

Monday have reflexology
Tuesday 19:20...first contraction
Wednesday 13:30 ante natal appointment 90 mins late, bp up, rush me to delivery
Wednesday 17:30 Nowt happening, baby OK, discharge self
Thursday 2:10 1st time in pain. ring maternity, told paracetamol and bath
Thursday 7:30 walking up and down garden hoping this baby will GET A BL**DY MOVE ON
Friday 10:30 Huge downward movement under my shirt
Friday 11:15 MW round to tell me off as I wasn't in labour (scuse me but...)
Friday 11:30 MW performs and internal, goes white and says I'm 7-8 cm dilated and I need to be admitted asap
Friday 13:30 In to MW lead unit
Friday 17:20 DS finaly decides to emerge.

Didn't have time to worry about feeling vile etc, to busy trying to tell them the baby was coming then wondering why he was taking his time

Alethia Sun 09-Sep-07 14:46:04

I felt very peaceful and calm. All my colleagues kept asking whether I was getting really fed up, and really wanted it out now. I was in no hurry and I just knew I'd go over dates - I'd 'known' that since I found out I was pregnant. Everything was right with the world and I had a great birth too.

wilsony Sun 09-Sep-07 19:44:44

I am scunnered like you wouldnt believe! Am nearly 37 weeks pregnant and I feel like a beached whale. Whenever I go to get up from a sitting position I get pains in my back and legs and it takes me ages to 'get going!'. Got my mother in law coming this week to help hang new curtains and she tells me (cos like I am 36 years old and havent ever hung up a pair of curtains before yeah?!?) that it will take all day by the time weve pressed them and hung them...... Anyways, baby is also kicking like mad and Im knackered! Going to hospital next fri for c-section but Im pretty sure baba no 2 will put in an appearance before then. Hopefully it will be before 'curtain gate!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now