C Section and laxatives

(10 Posts)
Bluebird126 Sun 23-Oct-16 16:08:48

Hi

So I am booked in tomorrow at 9am (39+1) for an ELCS and have read on here about the constipation issue afterwards! So have bought me some Dulcoease. But when should I start to take them - won't I be pretty much bed bound tomorrow day and night, so better to start taking them on Tuesday ?

MissesandMuddles Sun 23-Oct-16 16:11:14

Yes, I'd start taking them once you were up and about.

Good luck for tomorrow and congratulations!

megletthesecond Sun 23-Oct-16 16:13:53

Yes. I'd take them once you're moving. Lots of water too.

All the best for tomorrow. My elcs was lovely and calm.

dylsmimi Sun 23-Oct-16 16:17:29

I ate lots of dried apricots, moved as much as I could which is advised anyway and lots of water and was absolutely fine. I started this the day after my section once j was able to get out of bed but only needed to wee in hospital so could be in comfort and privacy at home!
I also took peppermint tablets for trapped wind but peppermint tea may help too - I had a sore shoulder with it
Good luck tomorrow

Stopyourhavering Sun 23-Oct-16 17:11:38

Coffee and dark chocolate is also good for constipation!

Bluebird126 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:54:12

Thank you all so much, I will wait until Tuesday. Super anxious and can't believe I'm about to meet my little girl- first baby aged 45!!

bigsur99 Mon 24-Oct-16 05:07:20

Good luck! I'm also having a c-sec today and I'm 39+1. Last time the
hospital gave me laxatives (wasn't a c-sec though). I'm sure they'll advise you when best to take them. All the best

conkerpods Mon 24-Oct-16 05:18:28

How exciting OP!
When I had my DC they routinely gave me laxatives with the paracetamol on the rounds.
With the 2nd baby I had the squits and didn't realise they were giving me laxatives grin. Obviously I stopped taking them once I found out what they were!

shatteredmumtobe Mon 24-Oct-16 07:20:11

Good luck OP.

I had a ELCS 9 days ago, went quickly and calmly and didn't need any laxatives.

Just remember an extra pillow for the car journey home, makes you feel that bit more safe with the seatbelt over the scar.

Hope all goes well X

HiDBandSIL Mon 24-Oct-16 15:32:33

Good luck OP and bigsur99!

No laxatives needed here for 2 CSs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now