I no longer know when I need to pee!

(12 Posts)
fruityb Mon 17-Oct-16 22:35:19

Since having my son I don't seem to get any feeling of when I need a wee. I've not lost control of my bladder at all and seem to have become part camel since I had him. I've gone from peeing constantly when pregnant to going when I think I should rather than when my bladder tells me to!

I had a c section - has it numbed some part of me lol. I'm a bit confused in all honesty. I think I could go for ages without actually peeing. It used to be the first thing I did every morning when I woke up!

carmenta Mon 17-Oct-16 22:39:20

I didn't have a c-section, but after having DD I definitely had some weird nerve problems - things didn't quite go back to feeling normal for a while in terms of internal sensations. Have you been doing pelvic floor exercises? They help.

Fireflysingstheblues Mon 17-Oct-16 22:43:09

I was told this was normal after my c-section , i just had to remember to go , it all went back to normal quite quickly . If you are worried can you speak to your Health visitor or GP .

Dixiechick17 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:56:58

I didn't have a c section but it took around four months for me to start to get the sensation back, before that I was going to the loo because I thought I should, I remember one of the days I didn't go for around eight hours and then realised I should.

fruityb Tue 18-Oct-16 07:42:02

I'm not worried particularly it's just the total opposite to the last few months lol. I just have to remember to go which is a strange experience.

FranHastings Tue 18-Oct-16 07:49:34

I had the same after having a c section. No sensation of 'needing' to go. Like you, I had to remember to go, but I wasn't incontinent. Normal sensation came back after a couple or few weeks (can't remember now!). Must have all been bruised and battered!

fruityb Tue 18-Oct-16 13:44:18

It's weird isn't it! I just go because I think I haven't been in a while so I must need to. I suppose everything is battered and wounded down there isn't it. I'm so used to feeling desperate all the time being pregnant.

Clickclickclick Tue 18-Oct-16 13:51:54

I had that when I had ds. No c section though. I just didn't feel like I had to go. I didn't know it was even possible! Ds was born at midnight and it was 8pm the next day when I finally went, after much arguing with a midwife ! She also never told me it was possible but she wouldn't let me go home until I peed. Oops! It sorted itself out in about six months.

foxybingodotcom Tue 18-Oct-16 13:59:43

I think it's to do with having a catheter maybe. I think that's why they make you pee before you can leave hospital. In my expreience the sensation did come back eventually.

fruityb Tue 18-Oct-16 14:48:43

Oh I filled the jug on my first pee after the catheter! Nearly shouted for another one grin

pinguina16 Tue 18-Oct-16 14:58:06

Didn't feel like I needed to pee first thing in the morning for weeks after birth. Sensation came back but is definitely not as strong as it used to be (DC is almost 3).
Pelvic floor exercises 3 times a day will help.

Women should pee within 6 hours following birth to avoid urine retention and distending their bladder. For once midwives pester you for good reason wink

pinguina16 Tue 18-Oct-16 14:59:23

And yes, it's a stark contrast to peeing every 30 min!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now