Is this what to expect after 2 c sections?

(6 Posts)
Souroldbitch Sun 02-Oct-16 00:09:14

I am 7 wks post partum with DC2. With both DC I had c sections. 6 weeks into second pregnancy I became unable to have sex due to vulva pain/soreness and my vagina seizing up and "closing." Spent all pregnancy no sex and tried again last night the same thing happened. I have always enjoyed sex and never had any problems.

Some other things are happening. Whenever I have a bath I get out and initially dry myself then about a minute later a stream of water comes out of my vagina. Bath water. But obviously it's taken a while to come out. Not just gravity, it's like it's not directly coming down.

I am finding it hard to have a bowel movement, I feel that I can't push anymore or I've lost the muscle tone to push.

I am also finding it hard to empty my bladder properly and have to make several "goes" at it rather than wee all in one go.

Is this normal symptoms post second c section or is something wrong?

Out2pasture Sun 02-Oct-16 00:12:17

I've had 3 c/s and never experienced any; vaginal, perineal, or rectal issues following surgery.
speak to your gp.

Amalfimamma Sun 02-Oct-16 00:21:35

Here i am! 2 CS in 12 months. Am currently 5 months post partum

I was told to wait at least 6 weeks (and a check up from obygn ) before having seX as a CS can damage muscle and tissue connected to the vulva.

Bowel movements are also affected and I had to "retrain" myself with the help of glycerin suppositories and relaxation. Try repeating "my scar will not burst"

As for bladder had that. All to do with cuts and muscles etc

Do you feel your tummy or do you only feel pins and needles and pain when it's going to rain?

Souroldbitch Sun 02-Oct-16 00:34:42

Amalfi - my csecs were also v close together. You are 5 months and are things better? Did your ob/gyn help you?

This is so depressing...

Amalfimamma Sun 02-Oct-16 01:07:50

Souroldbitch

I am still no seX as between colds, flu, periods and no fucking sleep neither DH or I have the energy or want to.
The bowel is back to normal as is the bladder, although because I drink 3 litres of water a day it had no choice but to buck up 😅

I do get pains when the weather is set to change. Pain when it's going to rain, pulls, when there's to be thunder and pins and needles with cold weather

Don't be getting depressed. AFAIK it's normal and does ease with time

nooka Sun 02-Oct-16 01:19:04

I had pins and needles around my scar for a long long time (three or four years possibly) and then the area felt a bit numb for a while after that. Oh and if I sneeze out of the blue it's quite painful (I assume some adhesion). Apart from that I've had no issues, in fact I feel/felt that I'd come off better than friends who had vaginal births (although very few of them had no intervention at all). DI had a 16mth gap.

Are you having a check up at the hospital fairly soon? If not I'd let your GP know you are having issues and see whether there is something that can be done to help healing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now