Magic pain relief

(10 Posts)
Lovemylittlebear Sat 24-Sep-16 21:47:54

Hi guys

Does anyone know of any magic pain relief that doesn't cross over or have any effects on baby and means you can still move about? Other than gas and air - that helped me till about 8-9 cm and then I lost the plot and shouted my way through the rest of my contractions with son. Had an epidural with my daughter and I'm nervous to have another due to her birth being so horrific compared to my sons (albeit way more painful). Dreading giving birth already and I'm only 14 weeks pregnant! I did try hypno birthing with my daughter and I loved the lessons but it wasn't going to happen in practice as my fight/flight kicks in way too much during labour it seems!

Lovemylittlebear Sat 24-Sep-16 21:49:40

I'm dreading losing control and screaming FUCK at the top of my lungs and HELP again just as much as the pain to be honest lol. Normally I'm good with pain and man up quite well - just not in labour it seems

BreatheDeep Sat 24-Sep-16 21:52:28

I was mooing like a cow towards the end! I didn't use anything but gas and air and a birthing pool so I can't help much on the pain relief! Just wanted to let you know your not alone with the strange noises!

Lovemylittlebear Sat 24-Sep-16 21:56:55

Lol that's made my day - apparently I Mooed when I pushed him out and I remember my husband and mother both laughing and I wanted to punch them both literally could have throttled them! Fuckers! In theory I don't want anything other than gas and air again but I got so absorbed in the pain last time it's a blur the last hour all I know is the senior lady told me off for shouting fuck loudly but my mother said I did it even louder to prove a point during each contraction ( it seems to be when they come back to back near the end I can't cope any more). I didn't even know I was pushing I just got on the bed and pushed him out. So unlike me I'm such a controlled and planned person so I was wondering if I would do a better more coherent job on pain relief. I just don't want any negative effects on baby

user1471446433 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:00:01

Hypnobabies - uses self hypnosis to numb yourself. It's awesome! Two back to back babies with long labour in pool - no other pain relief.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 24-Sep-16 22:05:31

Tens machine or the birth pool? Shouting can be a form of pain relief if it stops you tensing up

timeforabrewnow Sat 24-Sep-16 22:06:21

My baby no. 3 was out in 2 or 3 pushes with virtually no screaming.

(No. 1 was a lot of screaming/ loud noises as pushing phase lasted a long time - not fun. Second time I had an epidural which was fine)

The third time was definitely the best and quickest. Try not to worry about it now and concentrate on the positives flowers

mumofhandsomeboys Sat 24-Sep-16 22:06:49

Being in a pool helped me relax massively with my two DS. I felt a lot more at ease and DH said he saw me visibly relax. The warm water has such a calming effect and it's easy to move around. Would you be willing to try a pool birth / is it an option where you are?

ispymincepie Sat 24-Sep-16 22:14:41

Personally I found gas and air, while it took the edge off the pain, made me less in control. My easiest birth (I've had 4) was the one with no pain relief whatsoever. I did Daisy birthing classes and honestly found it really helpful. Being aware of my baby moving down in those last few contractions helped me remember it was nearly over!

Lovemylittlebear Sun 25-Sep-16 06:43:45

Thanks guys will look at all of those smile as its number three I think perhaps it will just slide out anyway. Maybe I could cough it out smile asked for birth pool last time but it was being cleaned apparently for the whole four hours. Will try again this time though. I do think shouting helped but the head midwife obviously didn't like it. Perhaps I was frightening all the other poor mums to be lol. Went to a lovely birth centre after the hospital birth for some breast feeding support (still didn't blood work lol) and one lady came in she had just been to the cinema nearby and her waters had gone. She arrived in 15 minutes and then literally as they were examining her to see if it was her waters she pushed her baby out. Lucky bastsrd. That's what I will be aiming for smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now