PGP and SPD

(8 Posts)
ChozzleopsTheThird Fri 23-Sep-16 10:48:38

If I am suffering with pgp/spd in pregnancy, is birth likely to be more painful because of it?

Lovemylittlebear Sat 24-Sep-16 21:38:45

I had bad spd with my second - very painful. The birth was so painful anyway I didn't feel the spd lol if that helps. I moved more in those 4 hours then I did in the last four months but my contractions tend to come quick. The best thing was I started to feel better from the spd just days after giving birth smile dreading it again this time

ChozzleopsTheThird Sun 25-Sep-16 12:33:51

Thank you Bear that's oddly reassuring hmm

Lovemylittlebear Sun 25-Sep-16 14:57:16

Sorry it's supposed to be tongue in cheek - I thought I would not be able to have an active labour (because the spd was so severe) but I did just fine because the pain of the contractions masked the pain of the spd so I could still move which was actually really helpful in a weird way - rather than being stuck in one spot so to speak. Hope it goes well

NotCitrus Sun 25-Sep-16 15:00:38

My births were long but I think easier with SPD - ended up with 2x epidurals but recovered very quickly from the birthhs, though practicing walking again took longer.

ChozzleopsTheThird Sun 25-Sep-16 17:44:24

Sorry Bear I was being serious! I'm only 19 weeks but the spd is really bad already, fretting that I won't be able to have the labour I want to try to have. Try being the key word when it comes to labour!

Thanks Citrus I suppose being used to pain can't hurt... pun intended wink

Lovemylittlebear Mon 26-Sep-16 07:19:12

I had physio three times per week, a back brace (massive physio one), crutches, Accupuncture once per week and slept with a pillow in between knees and got in an out of car with legs together etc. That all made a big difference with being able to move. My partner helped me up and down the stairs. Maybe you could see if you can get access to some of the above to help a little bit. Good luck

ChozzleopsTheThird Mon 26-Sep-16 08:19:36

Wow sounds like you had it really badly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now