Cervical scarring - Section or not

(3 Posts)
shaz58 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:32:03

Hi this is my first post, long time lurker but really need some advice.

I have one DD (5) and had 2 miscarriages (one before DD and one after). During a d&c last April they discovered that due to some treatment I had after an abnormal smear I have a lot of scarring around my cervix to the point it could hardly open. I didn't ask a lot of questions at the time but wish I had. I am now 33 weeks pregnant and starting to panic about giving birth after speaking to others who were in a similar situation. My midwife has reassured me that if it doesn't look like I will deliver naturally early on then I will have a section but I am just panicking that I will be left too long and have another traumatic delivery. It has been hinted that if I want to choose a section it could be arranged so I'm torn and could really use some advice.

Apologies for the length of my post!

shaz58 Sun 25-Sep-16 13:06:44

No one? sad

megletthesecond Mon 26-Sep-16 20:52:38

Hi, I had this 10 yrs ago following LLETZ treatment on my cervix to remove abnormal cells.

It was totally over looked until I was 12hrs into a heavy labour with only 1cm dilation and a distressed baby coming out by EMCS. Shortly afterwards my consultant said that my cervix was simply scarred almost shut and wouldn't dilate. DC2 was a civilised planned section.

If they've given you the option I'd take the planned cs. They're not a wall in the park to recover from but so much nicer than an emcs after an overnight labour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now