anyone experienced scar rupture in a VBAC labor??!

(3 Posts)
MotherDuckSaid Mon 19-Sep-16 12:44:51

My last birth (2years 4 months ago) was a section, I'm hopefully having a VBAC labor shortly. I'm a bit anxious about scar rupture and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced it and could tell me what their experience was like/ what warning signs I should look out for?
The hospital part isn't a worry, but what about before I go in?!
Thanks 😊

PoshPenny Mon 19-Sep-16 13:08:48

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but let them know it's worrying you. I had a complicated time with an ectopic leading to surgery, a year later an EMCS and then 13 months after that due date again (not planned). I was very anxious for the last preganancy/birth about the scar site, everything was fine I was closely monitored and ended up with EMCS again due to failure to progress (my cervix doesn't dilate properly it seems). However, no problems with my scar site whatsoever. I think it is rare that it ruptures, and you have a good gap compared to mine. There was no messing about from the doctors and midwives - it's a trial of labour and if they're concerned they will intervene. I much preferred birth no 2 to the 40 hours of labouring with the first birth.

emsyj Tue 20-Sep-16 10:16:23

I haven't experienced a rupture (they are quite rare I believe) but I did have a VBAC with DD2 and hope to have another with DS1 later this year. There is some information about risks and symptoms on the VBAC website: www.vbac.com/what-is-a-uterine-rupture-and-how-often-does-it-occur/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now