Is it my waters !!?

(10 Posts)
RachelLL92 Sat 17-Sep-16 17:22:01

37 weeks and had a small gush of fluid mostly clear little cloudy no smell it came with a bit of cramp and now nothing
Just need some opinions ??

AddictedtoGreys Sat 17-Sep-16 17:29:55

Could be. Can you put a pad on and see if it gets wet? I would rig your midwife and have a chat so they can advise and know what's happening

Imnotaslimjim Sat 17-Sep-16 17:33:15

Pop a pad on and lie down on your back for 20-30 mins. If you're waters are going they'll collect inside while you're lay down and when you stand you'll get another "gush". If you get enough to wet a pad, it can be tested by MW's at the maternity unit.

SleepymrsE Sat 17-Sep-16 17:34:37

I'm 37 weeks today too and have been having this lately when I've stood up after having a wee. I'm pretty certain it is just discharge rather than waters as when I put a pad on there is little else. This is second baby and waters broke spontaneously with DC1 ironically after I'd had a wee but I kept having a gush of clear fluid every time I went from sitting to standing. If you're unsure give your maternity assessment unit a ring and they will probably advise you to head in just to check.

SleepDeprivedAndCranky Sat 17-Sep-16 17:36:46

I'd ring the midwife, sometimes you need to be monitored even if you are not in labour but your waters break. Good luck xx

RachelLL92 Sat 17-Sep-16 17:40:57

Thanks I have put a pad on and just getting discharge now but have heard it can be a lot thinner in the 3rd trip I think il hold off for a bit longer before calling it's just no enough to convince me anything is happening but oh thinks it is smile

Jayfee Sat 17-Sep-16 19:01:52

Peace of mind..phone health advisor and ask. Ooh how exciting...good luck and much joy.

Halloweenbaby Fri 23-Sep-16 21:31:15

This happened to me at 36 weeks. Thought id just weed a little bit as nothing else happened. At 36+ 2 heard a pop and 2 hours later ds was born. Ring delivery suite and see what they say (although ive heard those tests are unreliable ) so id get ready and make sure your last few bits are done if I were you

Tubbyinthehottub Fri 23-Sep-16 21:33:51

This happened to me at 37 weeks. It was waters dribbling out slowly. I had to wait 96 hours, nothing happened so I was induced. And that was fine so don't worry.

JaclynLouise Sun 25-Sep-16 09:08:38

I keep getting worried I'm going to miss my waters! I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and my waters had to be broken last time so I don't know what it's like naturally, although during the day I just seem to get no end of discharge, at night I usually end up sleeping in nothing because every time I go to the toilet I'm constantly changing pads every hour.. So when I wake in a bit of a wet patch I think what if they go and I've missed it! Not had anything from sitting to standing though so I don't think they have x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now