Whittington Maternity for out area people

(4 Posts)
babynelly2010 Wed 10-Aug-16 23:12:34

I've researched some options around me in essex and thinking to go 40 minutes away to Whittington hospital where I had my first baby with positive experience. does anyone know how they treat out area people, do you have midwife appointment in the hospital or in your area and then just tests and scans there? How does it work out? In their schedule it says community midwife would it be in my area or I go to the hospital?

JessieMcJessie Sun 14-Aug-16 08:07:23

I registered there when I lived in East London, though we were planning to move to that area. Booking in was at the hospital and I was only transferred to community midwife after I moved. I think that the com midwife has to have a connection to the hospital and one in Essex would not so You would have to have all appointments in the hospital.

Glad your first experience there was so positive. I am due in a couple of weeks and starting to get a bit apprehensive (not based on how hospital has been though, they've been great. )

babynelly2010 Sun 14-Aug-16 16:42:52

hi jessie, thank you for your comments.
they were great in the birthing centre, aftercare actually was very good too. they are the only people that responded and took me in asap as i had retained products, my then local enfield mw did not respond to my call until like couple of days after it was all resolved.
good luck on with you labour smile

PseudoBadger Sun 14-Aug-16 16:58:11

I was in Barnet so out of area but not miles away. Midwife was at my GP and consultant at the hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now