ELCS how many pants to take in hospital bag?

(13 Posts)
shabbychic1 Thu 21-Jul-16 20:04:40

Hi all, just thinking about sorting out my bag - Were you changing several times a day? How many is a good amount please? Thanks

camelfinger Thu 21-Jul-16 20:07:16

Wasn't too bad actually. If you have the maternity pads you don't need many. Actually, thinking about it can't actually remember when I put pants on! Guess I must have done at some point blush. I took a 5 pack of big ones, planned to send DH in with more if I needed to stay in for a while.

thundercake Thu 21-Jul-16 20:12:45

Do you know how long you'll have to stay in? I was in 6 days so DH took washing home. At least 3 pairs a day, messy business

Deebeelou Thu 21-Jul-16 20:25:00

I would get two packs of 5 black full briefs and take them all in. If you don't wear them in hospital you'll want them when you get home. I mean the ones that come up practically to your belly button. These are so much more comfortable than anything lower that may rub where your scar will be. They also keep your maternity pads nice and secure.

ApocalypseSlough Thu 21-Jul-16 20:44:25

What a weird question. 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8...pairs are hardly going to break the bank or be difficult to find space for.

villainousbroodmare Thu 21-Jul-16 20:50:14

I was given these odd-looking soft mesh knickers in hospital. They were hideous but very comfy. I saw them afterwards in the maternity/ baby sections of a couple of shops. So I'd suggest buying a few packets of those if you see them.
Otherwise, lots. Like ten. Or more.

Paulat2112 Thu 21-Jul-16 20:53:47

Why is it a weird question?

Op, I also took 2 packs of 5 pants. I just bought black ones from asda, go for a size or two bigger than you usually wear. That's what I've done every time

SansaClegane Thu 21-Jul-16 21:04:37

I don't honestly remember. I also bought the granny pants style in 2 sizes bigger (which are great), but hospital gave me those mesh knickers mentioned above and I pretty much only wore them until I was discharged. Found they worked much better around the friggin catheter.

WordGetsAround Thu 21-Jul-16 21:06:27

Buy disposable ones from boots. Comfortable and light and then just chuck them. As PP said, messy business.

YesterdayTomorrowToday Thu 21-Jul-16 21:10:05

Just buy a pack of Tena pants. Best tip ever. No faffing with pads and used pants in the hospital and felt really secure, nothing was leaking from those bad boys!

I only used maternity pads after I'd used all my Tena pants.

Lisad1975 Thu 21-Jul-16 21:16:22

I found the mesh ones brilliant. There was a unit with drawers on the ward abd you helped yourself .
They were easy to put on when you cant really bend and they didnt feel tight or fall down.

shabbychic1 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:28:05

Thanks everyone, that'll really help with packing and preparing. smile

shabbychic1 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:34:45

I just don't want to run out!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now