Darent Valley or Princess Royal University Hospital?

(5 Posts)
Hopeful83 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:33:00

Any recommendations or stories good/bad welcome. I had DC1 as PRUH which was ok but were a few things I wasn't too happy with. I need to register for my booking in appointment so need to choose between them but not sure if I feel 'safer' staying with what I know, or should I try DV this time? Thanks

RuskBaby Wed 22-Jun-16 14:15:35

I am at PRUH but classed as out of area due to where I live. Only 18 weeks but so far not so good. I know everyone is overworked in the NHS but I have seen 2 different midwives so far and neither had been great with the second rushing me out of the room whilst crying. We are considering changing hospital now even though traffic wise PRUH is by far the easiest for us to get to. Apparently if you can get into the birth centre they are good.

Ilovenannyplum Wed 22-Jun-16 14:43:00

I had DS at Farnborough nearly 2 years ago on the Oasis midwife unit, when I went into labour they didn't actually believe me and tried to send me home when we went to the hospital (we had rung to let them know contractions were x minutes apart and we're coming in) once my mum had eventually convinced the midwife to check me and she realised I was actually 10cm and ready to push, she was much nicer hmm

Apart from her being a bit of a moron, the other midwives were lovely, it was clean and I had no other problems.
I was worried about getting to DV if there was problems with the A2, although the drive from sidcup to farnborough in the middle of the day wasn't the best car journey of my life confused

Ilovenannyplum Wed 22-Jun-16 14:44:19

But with that in mind, I think I would go back to the PRU should I ever have any subsequent children

Hopeful83 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:07:52

I got sent home from there the first time too but I wasn't dilated enough. I found the midwives there lovely but I had a debrief after my first birth and some of the things the Drs put in my notes were lies which has put me off. I have also heard the Oasis centre is lovely. With my first I had complications so was moved out of there straight after I arrived, and won't be able to use it next time (or any birthing centre) due to being high risk. Thanks for the opinions. Distance wise it's 50:50 for me between the two (although last time it took me 50 minutes to get to PRU in rush hour)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now