Anyone else overdue?!

(69 Posts)
Mrspopper Wed 08-Jun-16 06:16:49

40+3 with second baby. First was early so I'm pretty frustrated. Have had sweep and reflexology. Anyone else fancy joining my pity party?!

dabchick88 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:38:52

Feeling the frustration, first baby also early, now 5 days over and feels like forever! Had sweep but still no action. Fingers crossed for little arrivals soon smile

betty10k Wed 08-Jun-16 18:35:40

Me too 40+4 with second baby. 1st was 9 days late so I shouldn't be surprised. Had 2 sweeps and nothing!

Mrspopper Wed 08-Jun-16 19:29:07

Nice to know I'm not alone. I keep going it bed thinking tonight's the night and then nothing! Feeling huge. Also meant to be having g home birth and induction would scupper that plan.

makingmiracles Wed 08-Jun-16 19:54:29

39+6 today with Dc5 feel miserable, feet so swollen it hurts to walk. Had a sweep this morning, cervix still pretty posterior but soft she said, she pulled it forward a little and booked to come out Saturday for another sweep. Going to try and get dp onside for some action today to see if that does anything. Other dcs have all been 11 days over, feel like weeping as the thought of another 2weeks in this heat feeling this crap is terriblesad
Also hoping for mlu so deadline of 41+6 otherwise it's cons led unit.

betty10k Wed 08-Jun-16 20:59:34

Snap I'm hoping for birth centre, having cramps and backache every night and wake up intact the next morning. Got another sweep booked for Friday afternoon. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait much longer!

dabchick88 Wed 08-Jun-16 21:56:29

What did midwife say you those of you who have had sweeps? Mine made me believe I was going to give Birstwith in hours, lol, by saying how ready I was positioning wise and 3cm dilated blah blah. Now over 24 hrs later still nothing, humph!

Mrspopper Wed 08-Jun-16 22:21:43

She said cervix was soft but not dilated so I didn't feel like anything was going to happen soon. That was on Sunday.

superwormissuperstrong Thu 09-Jun-16 09:53:03

hello - signing in at 40+1 with number 2...
Really thought it was starting last night - had a lot of braxton hicks during the evening, and about 3 or 4 actually felt low enough to be real contractions when I went to bed. Felt back pain and laboury/period pains with every loo visit during the night. Then after last visit about 3am ish I had the best sleep I've had for ages and woken up to nothing...
Arghhh...
Midwife appointment at 11.50 - think I'm going to be sent into hospital for monitoring...

Mrspopper Thu 09-Jun-16 10:10:53

Morning ladies! Still pregnant here.
Super worm good luck with midwife and monitoring.
I am off to m & s to stock up on some ready meals for the freezer. Went to the cinema and for lunch yesterday so trying to do things that are harder once a baby is here. Hard though as just feeling bloody shattered. Had pains either side if bump yesterday which I think were more stretching... Worried I am having a giant baby !

superwormissuperstrong Thu 09-Jun-16 13:13:54

Is it your first or second mrspopper?
I feel enormous compared to first time around. As predicted need to pop to hospital for a longer period of monitoring but midwife is happy. Head engaged for first time and reckons I should go over the weekend.
(Also have homebirth planned so hope I avoid too many consultants at the hospital as I am like a broken record that I will have an induction for medical reasons but not simply because I am 40 and overdue a due date I don't believe anyway!)

makingmiracles Thu 09-Jun-16 13:14:34

Also still here, obviously the action last night has done nothing to start me off.
Thankful that the weather is overcast today, yesterday's heat was unbearable, wish I wasn't doing a 1.45hr school run every morning and evening at this point as by the time I get out the car my clothes are stuck to me!
Anyone else had no nesting urge? There's loads to be done and house is like a pit but can't muster up the energy or enthusiasm when I'm feeling so tired and lousy. Never really noticed nesting with any of my pregnancies so perhaps I just don't get it <slattern>

Mrspopper Thu 09-Jun-16 18:02:00

It's my second baby. Been bouncing on the ball lots today!

Mrspopper Thu 09-Jun-16 18:02:59

Hope the midwife is right superworm... Sounds promising!

makingmiracles Thu 09-Jun-16 20:35:33

Did you go overdue with your first super worm ?

superwormissuperstrong Fri 10-Jun-16 10:04:42

Yes I did - i was sent to talk to a consultant at 40+5 about induction. She gave me the most horrific sweep which kicked of contractions that night but in hindsight the baby wasn't ready so wasn't born till 3 days later... So in my head I 'cook' babies for longer than the standard 40 weeks!

Anyone had a baby last night or started contractions???

My braxton hicks are getting stronger but don't feel like real contractions yet. Going to try and be active/on my feet as much as possible today and see if this baby wants to make a move soon...

dabchick88 Fri 10-Jun-16 14:29:02

How is everyone getting on today? I'm feeling completely exhuasted now at 41+1. I think I'm just so worn out with waiting. Really thought things would have progressed by now!

superwormissuperstrong Fri 10-Jun-16 15:28:43

Dab - i think you may be the furthest along on this thread at the moment unless someone pops up and says they are further. Hope something starts soon...
Can relate to the exhausted - want to be as active as possible to encourage something but really I just want to put my feet up and watch TV...

Mrspopper Fri 10-Jun-16 18:43:21

Yes exhausted! Another sweep tomorrow but I'm starting to think induction a week today is more likely!

betty10k Fri 10-Jun-16 19:00:34

Hello I'm still here as well, 40+6, had 3rd sweep today, dtd last night and still nothing! Guess nothing else to do but wait. Not even had any discharge after last 2 sweeps and today's was fairly thorough! Petrified of hospital and running out of time for birth centre.

makingmiracles Fri 10-Jun-16 22:55:12

No luck for any of us then 😕 Another sweep for me again tommorrow too providing she has enough time to fit me in, got to wait for her to call in the morning. Interested to hear if there have been any changes down there since sweep on Wednesday.

superwormissuperstrong Sat 11-Jun-16 08:21:40

Nothing overnight here either :-(
Trying to relax about it but it's a bit like ttc - the more you know you should the harder it is!
Fingers crossed someone else started last night (in my head contractions always start at night/evening even though I know it's not strictly true!)

ItsyBitsyBikini Sat 11-Jun-16 10:08:39

Checking in. 40+4 and fed up. This is my first and should have had a sweep last Tuesday but mw got my dates mixed up so thought I was only 39+6 rather than 40 at appt. Got a sweep on Tuesday coming but I hope he'll turn up before then.
Had cramps on and off but nothing major.

Mrspopper Sat 11-Jun-16 11:17:13

Had second sweep just now. Cervix has moved more forward but she couldn't get finger in to sweep properly. They'll do another on weds then sat induction. Felt bit more positive as of induced with pessary can come home though would need to go to birth centre to give birth but not constant monitoring.

makingmiracles Sat 11-Jun-16 13:56:01

Just been for my second sweep too, a lot more positive this time, she said it's changed loads since Wednesday. She said it was less posterior, easy to reach this time and a stretchy 3-4cm! I had a few huge cramps as I got off the table but nothing really since. Crossing fingers it won't be long, I will be mightily surprised if I go another week but we will see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now