Air bubble in vagina & post-birth stitches

(6 Posts)
TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 03-Jun-16 01:05:13

TMI thread coming up... I'm almost 3 weeks post-baby, and my stitches had started to feel a lot better. Had been in a LOT of pain but it has settled a bit and I can actually sit down now without too much agony. However today, I seem to have this horrible feeling of an air bubble deep inside my vagina which needs to pop / come out but never does confused it's really uncomfortable, sore and sometimes a bit itchy as well... I have no idea what the problem is. Has anyone experienced anything similar? A bit of Googling says pelvic floor exercises might help, but doing them makes it feel worse.

So worried and fed up as I thought everything was starting to get slowly back to normal down there sad

locomomma Fri 03-Jun-16 08:55:33

That sounds v unpleasant- reckon you should go to GP to be checked out. Never experienced this myself.

Junosmum Fri 03-Jun-16 10:47:18

Could it have been a farther that's got stuck? I've had that a few times since giving birth. It was worrying me but another new mum started a thread about it and it appears to be quite common after birth.

Junosmum Fri 03-Jun-16 10:48:15

Fart not farther!

TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 03-Jun-16 18:01:26

Hah I was wondering how a farther could get stuck...! Thanks for the replies. Think I'll make a GP appt tomorrow if it's still hanging around, it feels horrible!

abbsismyhero Fri 03-Jun-16 18:14:17

take a bath? maybe the air will pop out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now