What if I go into labour early .. CS or VB

(6 Posts)
locomomma Wed 01-Jun-16 16:40:43

So I'm booked for a CS in 2 weeks after much soul searching, research & consulting with perineal expert, I had s 3 deg tear at 42+1 with a big baby on my last delivery. The plan if I go into labour before then is that I'd have an EMCS. I think my waters may have leaked a little earlier and I felt that pop feeling which I had when I lost waters on DS1. But nothing since other than twinges. Now I'm thinking if I actually started labour would I try for VB given at 37 weeks baby is likely to be considerably smaller than the overdue one. The general opinion was I would be fine for VB but if I didn't want to take the risk of further damage then it was up to me to have CS. Faced with it now, I'm totally unsure. i am sure it's probably nothing and I'll go in as planned for my elective in a few weeks. Anyone been in similar situ?

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Wed 01-Jun-16 21:54:48

I was in the same situation. 4 years ago I had my first dd and suffered a third degree tear. I was so scared to have this again I opted for an ECS with my second. She was due 29th may so section was booked for 23rd. My waters went at 37+6!and I was prepared for theatre but my labour was 35 mins so didn't make it for my section. The midwife knew how scared I was of tearing and controlled the baby coming out really well and I only had a second degree tear. This was stitched on delivery with local. My baby is 2 and a half weeks old now and I feel fine. My recovery has been so different than with my third.
This Prob doesn't help but something to think about. X

locomomma Wed 01-Jun-16 22:16:02

Thanks baby-fever, I think you've described exactly what I hope will happen me! Maybe I'd get lucky with a speedy arrival and minor stitches, home next day and no lengthy recovery. I'm 37+1. Things calmed down today so nothing happening. Congratulations on your new arrival!

hellsbells76 Wed 01-Jun-16 22:20:26

If you think your waters have gone please go and get yourself checked out - there's an infection risk with PROM. FWIW I had a 3rd degree tear with my first but my second similar sized baby I got away with just a graze and a tiny 1st degree tear, no sutures needed, so if you did go for a VB it's by no means guaranteed history would repeat itself smile

locomomma Wed 01-Jun-16 22:39:38

Thanks hellsbells, I've a midwives appt first thing ... So I'll get checked. I honestly think it must have been wee. Changed undies & nothing since changing. It was definitely wet though, different to normal volume of discharge for me. Sorry TMI! Great to hear positive stories about your deliveries ladies.

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Thu 02-Jun-16 03:06:46

Thank you.
Yeah it was nice I waschome the same day. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now