Wax after 3rd degree tear?

(16 Posts)
VanillaCheesecake Sun 29-May-16 07:00:46

How long did you wait after your 3rd degree tear before getting a bikini wax (Brazilian or similar)?

I need one, it feels ok down there... but I'm scared to cause damage. I'm 2 months postpartum...

Thank you!

ApocalypseSlough Sun 29-May-16 16:01:59

Oh my days just leave it alone.

DropYourSword Sun 29-May-16 16:02:59

It won't do any damage!

Junosmum Sun 29-May-16 23:00:56

Depends how well healed it is! Mine was well healed by then so would have one. Get a mirror and have a look and feel. If it's red and or raised don't even think about it. Purple/ silver and flush with the rest of the skin, it's ok. But will hurt more than usual.

KindDogsTail Sun 29-May-16 23:02:19

Be very careful because of the risk of an infection getting into an open pore after the waxing.

MrsBungle Sun 29-May-16 23:04:29

I took a good year.

InUseAlready Sun 29-May-16 23:04:30

I waited a year! Im sure it would've been okay before then but I just couldn't bear the idea of it.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sun 29-May-16 23:06:46

I'd wait a bit longer to be sure, I mean, it's not essential is it? I've not had a 3rd degree tear - but blimey - second degree was bad enough.

Zaurak Mon 30-May-16 12:12:15

You don't need one confused

I'd give it a good while longer if I were you. Depends on the extent and placement of the scar tissue but you leave yourself very open to infection with waxing anyway. Waxing after a recent injury to the area isn't a great idea.

suspiciousofgoldfish Wed 01-Jun-16 01:40:44

Oh goodness, this title made my eyes water!

Beauty therapist here- leave it a while longer. Six weeks is the absolute minimum time but really, having had a CS, just wait.

Carefully shave if you absolutely have to, but leave the waxing for another couple of months at least . Please!

suspiciousofgoldfish Wed 01-Jun-16 02:42:54

Sorry mixed up posts here, didn't mean CS scar - but no matter, advice is still to wait!

VanillaCheesecake Wed 01-Jun-16 16:50:22

Thank you I appreciate your responses.

Don't worry I know it is not in anyway essential. I am just blessed with a lot of hair down below and it can get me down a bit. Silly I know.

I will leave it a good few more months smile

XXXX

SloppyDailyMailJournalism Wed 01-Jun-16 16:56:16

Ouch! OP are you insane? shock I've thankfully never had a third degree tear, but I could bear to even think about this shock

SloppyDailyMailJournalism Wed 01-Jun-16 16:56:50

I have RTFT by the way - I'm just adding my 'ouch's to the thread!

Zaurak Wed 01-Jun-16 18:01:50

I'm basically the yeti lady, I am very very furry.
I also don't give a fuck and I'm not waxing my Fanny for anyone.
Give yourself a break. Quick trim with the lady thatcher if it's getting uncomfortable, but step away from the wax!

And congrats on the baby wine

VanillaCheesecake Wed 01-Jun-16 20:30:01

Thank you everyone I promise I won't put any wax down there grin

Xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now